Senior Development Director
ALL OUR KIN
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
All Our Kin
is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains family childcare providers to ensure that children and families have the foundations they need to succeed in school and in life. At All Our Kin, we support family childcare providers at every stage of their development – from parents and caregivers to professional educators and business owners – using a strength-based, high-touch approach.
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
ALL OUR KIN
LOCATION FLEXIBLE (NEW YORK CITY; NEW HAVEN, CT; STAMFORD, CT; OR BRIDGEPORT, CT)
All Our Kin is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains family child care providers to ensure that children and families have the foundations they need to succeed in school and in life. At All Our Kin, we support family child care providers at every stage of their development - from parents and caregivers to professional educators and business owners - using a strength-based, high-touch approach.
We first opened in a housing development in New Haven, Connecticut in 1999. Today, we serve over 600 family child care educators, who educate and care for more than 3,600 children in five Connecticut cities and New York City. Through our programs, family child care providers succeed as early childhood educators and small business owners; parents have access to high-quality, affordable child care, making it possible for them to enter into and remain within the workforce; and infants and toddlers gain the enriching experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life.
All Our Kin is recognized as a national model and has been proven through quasi-experimental studies to raise the quality, availability, and sustainability of family child care. We are continuing to grow by adding sites and expanding our train-the-trainer service line, with the goal of reaching 20,000 children by 2023.
To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org
All Our Kin recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children's lives and to our work, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity we celebrate in our nation and community. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants who share our vision, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our work and this mission. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position, and we do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
With our demonstrated impact across early childhood development, economic empowerment, and workforce development, as well as support from a wide variety of national and local foundations, we are excited to share our work with new supporters. To help us grow, we are seeking a skilled development professional to join us as our Senior Development Director and lead our team in diversifying and deepening our funding relationships.
In this role, you will identify the strategy and systems we need to ensure our success and guide our highly collaborative and committed team in implementing those strategies. Acting as a positive team leader, you will supervise our Development and Communications Manager and two Development Associates. You will report to our Co-Founder and CEO and support her involvement in development strategy and donor relationships. You will also build connections with staff and board members across our organization, fostering a strong culture of philanthropy in order to advance our mission.
Strategy and Systems Building
- Work closely with the CEO and senior leadership to create and implement an organizational fundraising strategy and development plan that align with All Our Kin's strategic growth plan and core values
- Manage the Development Team, ensuring All Our Kin meets its development goals and supports each team member's professional growth
- Establish strong relationships with members of our Board and our local Advisory Councils and support their involvement in development activities
- Strengthen and oversee All Our Kin's development systems and processes, working with the Development Team to establish effective practices for:
- The operation and maintenance of our Salesforce donor database
- Regular reporting on progress toward our fundraising goals
- Interdepartmental coordination and communication between Development, Finance, and Program Teams
- Identify and implement strategies that support program staff members' role in donor engagement and stewardship
- Advance strategies to engage a more racially and ethnically diverse donor base that better reflects the family child care educators, families, and children we serve
Donor Relationship Management
- Work with the CEO and Development Team to implement strategies for donor identification, engagement, and retention that will expand and diversify the donor base
- Manage a portfolio of foundation, individual, and government donors, leveraging a deep understanding of All Our Kin's mission, programming, and impact in order to communicate a compelling narrative to funders
- Guide the Development Team in preparing proposals and reports
- Prepare written development materials, including: briefing memos to support the CEO's engagement with donors; appeal letters and other donor communications; and select funding proposals and reports
- Oversee stewardship efforts to ensure that donors are well-informed, acknowledged, and appreciated in meaningful and timely ways
As the incoming Senior Development Director, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- You are deeply committed to All Our Kin's core values and our model for making high-quality early care and education available to all children, and you are eager to be a part of an organization that is combatting systemic racism and injustice.
- You come to this role with 7+ years of experience in development leadership roles in organizations with multi-million-dollar fundraising targets, including a successful track record of securing gifts of $50K and above.
- You are a collaborative, strengths-based team leader, with experience managing high-performing team members and supporting their growth and a commitment to offering and responding to regular feedback.
- You operate with high levels of flexibility and personal drive, as well as the organizational and managerial skills to guide a team to achieve its goals within a fast-paced environment.
- You are experienced in working with institutional (government, foundation, corporate) and individual donors and can effectively tailor your message and approach to resonate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You are experienced in leading or participating in strategic planning and systems development and implementation; you enjoy multi-faceted roles that involve both strategy and execution.
- You possess excellent written and spoken communication and relationship-building skills; you are skilled at presenting an organization's work in an engaging, accessible way to a wide variety of audiences.
- You exhibit strong professional judgement, sound decision-making, and discretion with confidential information.
- You are comfortable with computer systems and willing to use new technology.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
All Our Kin offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; three weeks' paid annual vacation, as well as federal holidays and a December holiday break; and a 403(b) plan, As we scale All Our Kin's reach, we strive to maintain the collaborative, values-centered environment that is our hallmark and to continually invest in the backbone of our organization: our talented, mission-driven team.
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
All Our Kin has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume, addressed to Jessica Sager, here.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert