Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Employment
Postal code: 80306
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Equity in the outdoors from boardroom to backcountry.
ABOUT CAMBER OUTDOORS:
Founded in 1996, Camber Outdoors is the hub for advancing career opportunities, leadership and entrepreneurship to inspire an outdoors, truly for everyone. Envisioning a future of “Everyone’s Outdoors”, it is a national organization dedicated to achieving equity for all women and underrepresented communities in the workplace of the active-outdoors industries, through innovative and thought-leading programs and initiatives.
Camber Outdoors was originally Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition (OIWC), to serve as a supportive and informal mentoring network for like-minded women professionals in the active-outdoor industries. Our founders, Ann Krcik and Carolyn Cooke, sought to foster a sense of connection among the small group of women in the industry. This is your opportunity to play a role in helping Camber Outdoors accelerate its mission of Equity in the Outdoors – from Boardroom to Backcountry.
Reporting to the Director of Partnership Strategy and Engagement, Camber Outdoors Partnership Manager will develop, build, and maintain trusted partnerships with companies in alignment with the values and brand of Camber Outdoors, while significantly growing engagement with individual members. Our Partnership Manager will build on a strong foundation for Camber Outdoors by partnering with our team members and industry partners to:
RESPONSIBILITIES: Overall Planning & Strategy (10%)
- Support Director in the development and execution of an annual corporate acquisition, engagement, and retention plan with financial objectives and goals
- Support Director on development and execution of an annual professional membership acquisition, engagement, and retention plan
- Deliver, evaluate, and expand Camber Exchanges program
- Meet or exceed fundraising goals by corporate partners (tradeshows, roundup programs, etc.)
- Support Director in the development and execution of an annual corporate acquisition, engagement, and retention plan with financial objectives and goals.
- Support Director on development and execution of an annual professional membership acquisition, engagement, and retention plan with strategy to achieve objectives and goals.
- Determine and monitor evaluation systems and analytics related to those goals and objectives and report progress to the ED and Board.
- Develop short- and long- term plans, budgets, and sponsorship to achieve Camber Exchange goals, including average attendance, satisfaction, and membership conversion and, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Evaluate the impact of Camber Exchanges in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on Corporate and Professional member acquisition and retention/
- Develop annual fundraising plan and strategy, including identifying key partners, to achieve Camber Exchange financial goals.
Corporate Partnership Execution: Acquisition, Engagement, and Retention (40%)
- Oversees, manages, reports on and is responsible for growth of Corporate Membership acquisition and retention/renewal for partners with the following lens of importance:
- Work with programs team to activate and engage with corporate partners by ensuring relevant and contemporary information is communicated. Track and increase employee engagement under membership.
- Grow engagement based on EOY goals and plan
- Generate, edit, publish and share corporate communications that are in alignment with brand and priorities:
- Review and share relevant content
- Engage with partners to build relationships and alignment
- Create outreach cadence calendars
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions
- Develop, fundraising budget, and implement a strategy to accelerate acquisition of new corporate members
- Develop professional membership strategy to drive corporate acquisition and retention
- Provide an exceptional experience for partners and members and evangelize their perspective, always thinking about how to improve their engagement with Camber Outdoors while keeping Camber Outdoors brand integrity at forefront.
Camber Exchanges Growth (25%) – strategies, partner relations, goals, budgets, sponsor
- Oversees, manages, evaluates and supports execution of Camber Exchanges;
- Monitor programmatic evaluation and program dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
- Strategize partner host locations
- Create annual speaker guidelines
- Annually review and update “tool-kit” for member companies to host
- Monitor programmatic activities and effectively demonstrate business case/ROI on a regular basis and conduct quarterly evaluations
- Oversee execution and follow up of each event
- Work with marketing to promote events
- Secure sponsors
- Meet or exceed annual Organizational Objectives
Fundraisers + above/beyond (25%)
- In partnership with Director of Partnerships, develop and execute an annual fundraising plan for increasing YOY revenue goals through tradeshow fundraisers, Camber Outdoors as beneficiary of events, round-up programs, etc.
- Identify funding priorities, corporate partners, and set annual goals for tradeshow fundraisers and one-time, special funding initiatives
- Oversee print, electronic, and social media materials to support events
- Manage and lead fundraisers, including securing volunteers, overseeing marketing, and assessing improvements
- Research and identify prospects and craft personalized approaches for each
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate funders
- Develop corporate fundraising opportunities for Camber Outdoors in partnership with the Director
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Partnership Manager position will play a key role in supporting Camber Outdoors’ partnership team and the organization as a whole. As such, the person who will excel in this role will have:
- Commitment to Camber Outdoors' mission of advancing equity for all in the active-outdoor industries as the organization and mission evolves.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills, with an ability to create and monitor plans and timelines.
- Experience effectively handling and implementing multiple projects with limited oversight.
- Experience managing developers.
- Comfort with managing and executing technology projects and updates.
- Critical thinking capabilities: knowing when to act vs. when to ask.
- A positive and optimistic outlook where work is full of possibilities, not problems.
- Database management experience required (currently using CiviCRM)
- Willingness to support the team by doing "whatever it takes" to get the job done.
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds and skills in a team environment.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to travel to meetings and tradeshows 4 times per year.
Other Job Related Considerations:
Please review our values to ensure you not only love them, but also can live them! (https://camberoutdoors.org/camber-careers)
Camber Outdoors offers a competitive non-profit salary for comparably sized organizations, paid time off, flexible work schedule, room for advancement and the opportunity to make a difference.
Camber Outdoors strives to hire a team that thinks differently—not just different from the mainstream, but different from one another. The company believes that people with a broad range of experiences, thoughts, backgrounds, and cultures not only make the office more dynamic but also enable us to more effectively achieve our mission.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read this job description to make sure it’s the job for you.
- If you’re excited about the possibility of making a big difference, send us your resume and a thoughtful cover letter as a combined PDF file. Please use your last name and first initial as the filename of your PDF.
- Email the combined PDF and links to examples of your writing to us at [email protected] with Partnership Manager as the subject line.
- Applications will be reviewed immediately, and candidates with the best fit will be contacted for interviews.
Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all applications received. No calls please.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert