College Completion Coach - NW Florida
Take Stock In Children
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Higher Education
Postal code: 32301
Country: United States
Take Stock in Children, Inc. is a nonprofit organization, transforming Florida one student at a time. Working in every county throughout Florida, our mission is to break the cycle of poverty for low-income, academically qualified students by providing opportunities for a post-secondary education. We offer college scholarships to students, provide caring volunteer mentors, and instill hope for a better life. Our comprehensive services begin in middle school, continue through high school, and include students' transition into college and career.
Take Stock in Children (TSIC) is a Florida-based non-profit organization committed to breaking the cycle of poverty by putting low-income students on a direct path to higher education. The elements of TSIC’s core model include: pairing middle and high school students with a volunteer adult mentor, offering professional post-secondary readiness services, and providing a Florida Prepaid Scholarship. In 2018, TSIC was granted additional funding to begin Take Stock in College, a program designed to provide post-secondary completion support to TSIC graduates currently enrolled in Florida’s public colleges and universities. TSIC is searching for a College Completion Coach (CCC) to serve as the liaison between TSIC and the colleges and universities in the northwest region of Florida, further advancing the mission of Take Stock in College.
The CCC will oversee Take Stock in College service implementation at a cohort of colleges and universities located in the northwest region of Florida. The CCC will ensure programmatic quality, maintain high professional standards by establishing effective partnerships with college/university staff, and support the peer mentoring work of the on-campus Take Stock in College Student Ambassadors. The CCC will also be responsible for monitoring the progress of Take Stock in College students enrolled at schools within their regional cohort, ensuring that they have the supports necessary to remain in good academic standing and complete their degree programs in a timely manner. Additionally, the CCC will provide students with the necessary career-readiness skills and support to aid in their post-degree job searches.
Take Stock in Children connects students to comprehensive services, including direct student support and post-secondary and career success coaching to students in every Florida county. As a result of their work, 96% of TSIC students complete high school and enter post-secondary experiences. In addition, TSIC graduates have surpassed the state average of 25% post-secondary completion with 67% finishing the post-secondary experience. While impressive, TSIC is aiming to increase the completion rate even further, by providing the high-quality level of support, to graduates enrolled in post-secondary programs via Take Stock in College. The College Completion Coach is an integral member of the team helping TSIC further this mission.
The College Completion Coach will advance Take Stock in College’s strategic direction through the following activities:
- Regularly monitor student academic progress and course of study to ensure students stay on track to complete their degrees in a timely manner.
- Cultivate partnerships with post-secondary institutions to leverage every existing college and university program and establish a single point of contact at each institution, to ensure an easy connection to post-secondary supports.
- Support the Student Ambassadors by training them and fielding more difficult student challenges where greater levels of intervention are required.
- Help students maximize financial aid by assisting their navigation of the financial aid process and tapping into platforms such as Scholly, and other online systems that help students find and secure existing scholarships.
- Work with Student Ambassadors to identify the connections on campus for additional services and help.
- Build career readiness as students prepare for their post-graduate job search directly and leverage a library of online trainings for students on key career skills.
- Oversee the planning for and facilitation of college readiness workshops put on by the Student Ambassadors.
- Support the development of post-secondary-level study skills.
- Facilitate student preparation for taking typical graduate school admission exams, such as the GRE.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
TRAVEL: This position will require up to 75% travel, 25% remote work. Access to your own reliable transportation is expected. A successful candidate will reside in and be familiar with the post-secondary institutions within northwest Florida.
NOTE: This position is entirely or largely grant funded and is therefore subject to the availability of funding that supports Take Stock in Children’s post-secondary programming.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Take Stock in Children graduate strongly preferred.
- Ability to passionately work towards breaking the cycle of poverty through higher education.
- Ability to build supportive relationships with post-secondary-aged students.
- Ability to communicate strongly and have a professional demeanor with students and staff, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to embody a strong connection to Take Stock in Children’s mission and values, along with a desire to serve and work with diverse populations.
- Ability to attend functions in the evening and on weekends as required.
- Ability to attend off-site meetings and functions as required.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS (upon offer of opportunity):
- Registered sex offenders (or anyone required to register) and individuals convicted of a felony crime are prohibited from employment with Take Stock in Children.
- Satisfactory background check.
- Ability to work in a classroom, office, and school environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Documentation that verifies identity and employability in the United States.
- Proof of any diplomas or degrees indicated as a job qualification.
- Two completed reference forms.
- Access to reliable transportatio
Compensation: The compensation range is $25,000-$35,000 per year based on experience. A competitive benefits package is also provided.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To Apply: If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until September 6, 2019. Please specify in the subject line that you are applying for the Northwest region.
Take Stock in Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by relevant national and state law.
Posted By: Take Stock in Children
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert