Senior Manager, College and Career Success
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: SAN FRANCISCO
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
CLICK TO APPLY: https://kippcareers.secure.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0X0W00000AUOKLUA5
The Senior Manager will report into the Director of Alumni Impact, part of a newly launched team at the KIPP Foundation. This team will fall within the Policy and Public Affairs Team—which is comprised of Advocacy and Community Engagement, Policy, and Communications. The broader Alumni Impact team is responsible for the design and execution of KIPP’s national alumni engagement and leadership strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Create strategy for long term scale and sustainability of national scholarship programs
- Develop Goldberg mentor monthly curriculum, share with mentors and Goldberg scholars, host monthly webinars for mentors
- Recruit Goldberg and Amplify candidates in partnership with KIPP Through College community. Run selection for both programs coordinating across three organizations and a selection committee of 10-15 individuals.
- Provide ongoing coaching to scholars and fellows, setting monthly goals to hit key milestones throughout the year, with a specific emphasis on internship application
- Passion for KIPP’s mission and values and educational equity
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and “start-up” environment
- Strong relationship builder with demonstrated experience managing stakeholders in a matrixed organization
- Design-thinking orientation that centers program users in solution-development (ie alumni/families)
- Self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to model KIPP’s values at all times.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience required 6+ years of experience in strategic planning, project management, and program design collaborating with end-users to distill insights/feedback for program strategy
- Demonstrated excellence in project and process management skills – ability to drive projects from inception to completion while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with formalized mentor relationship programming
- Experience in adult learning, training, and facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience with charter or charter-like schools, non-profit strategy, non-profit consulting, higher education, college counseling, and/or with students in low-income urban environments is preferred
- Bay Area or California location preferred
- Travel requirements 20-25%
- Full-time, exempt role
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECTLY AT THE KIPP CAREER SITE: https://kippcareers.secure.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0X0W00000AUOKLUA5
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert