Assistant Director of Program Quality Assurance: 17th Street
Good Shepherd Services
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
City: New York
Postal code: 10003
State: New York
Country: United States
Young people are New York City’s single largest resource. Our continued success and prosperity depend on how well we prepare them for the future. But in neighborhoods stressed by poverty, all too many children and youth don’t get the opportunities that can allow them to achieve long-term success.
Good Shepherd Services goes where children, youth, and families face the greatest challenges and provides resources that build on their inherent strengths to help them thrive. We operate over 85 programs, which help nearly 30,000 youth and family members in struggling neighborhoods throughout New York City. All of our programs are united by a common goal—to create opportunities that help our participants succeed at school, at home, and in their community.
We go where the need is greatest—where problems are deeply entrenched, obstacles are high, and neighborhoods are often untouched by other support systems.
Good Shepherd is different—our confidence in NYC’s youth and families, combined with our track record of success, shows us that with the right approach, real change is possible even in the most challenging of environments.
Good Shepherd Services is seeking a results-driven, energetic, and compassionate team player who will exercise bold Leadership as the Assistant Director of Program Quality Assurance for three Residential Child Welfare Programs (Youth Reception Center, Rapid Intervention Center, and Group Residence). In the context of youth-centered, family-focused practice to promote safety, permanency and well-being, the Assistant Director will work alongside directors and supervisors to monitor and assess program strengths and opportunities. will develop and apply strategies and bring innovation to assure program performance measures are met, elevating best practices with the programs. The Assistant Director of Program Quality Assurance will ensure services and documentation are being fulfilled and consistent with Good Shepherd Services’ philosophy and within city and state mandates.
Assistant Director of Program Quality Assurance Reports to: SENIOR DIVISION DIRECTOR RESIDENTIAL CHILD WELFARE AND TRAUMA-INFORMED PRACTICE
Location: Office Location: 337 East 17th Street, New York, New York 10003
Assistant Director of Program Quality Assurance Job Responsibilities include following Child Welfare Programs: 17th Street Residences in Manhattan and Youth Reception Center in Brooklyn
Assistant Director of Program Quality Assurance Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Exempt
- Lead monthly Quality Assurance Meeting to monitor and assist with implementing on-going activities including a systematic quality improvement plan which identifies program strengths and opportunities.
- Serve as Liaison with the Program Evaluation and Planning Department and staff members within the Residential Child Welfare programs, including Directors and Supervisors.
- Continually evaluate organizational needs including periodic review of program policies, procedures and practices and assure program manuals are up-to-date with city and state regulatory mandates and administrative directives.
- Oversee and coordinate program efforts in regards to meeting regulatory mandates including evaluation tools such as PAMS, Scorecard and Case Record Reviews - providing proactive assessment and strategies to elevate overall quality and performance, as necessary.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts in preparation of audits and accreditation process such as site visits, program reviews, self-studies, and larger agency-wide reviews and accreditations such as OCFS Voluntary Agency Reviews (VAR); ACS Co-QI (Collaborative Quality Improvement) and Council on Accreditation (COA).
- Help ensure quality of case records.
- Track and oversee proper documentation of incidents and monitor the quality and integrity of incident reporting.
- Oversee, track and respond to OCFS & Justice Center significant incidents and investigations in collaboration with program leadership and support departments.
- Coordinate efforts to gather information needed to respond OCFS Justice Center matters, assuring information and details are accurate and consistent throughout the process.
- Draft corrective action plans and develop quality assurance measures in response to city and state regulatory agencies.
- Complete environmental / program site visit reviews providing direct and timely feedback to program teams.
- Provide quality coordination for the administration of various surveys and assessments.
- Develop strategies to enhance data collection and processes in support of program Logic Models and program-specific outcomes.
- Provide leadership and guidance on operationalizing the implementation of Medicaid Managed Care as it pertains to the 3 residential programs. Collaborate with support departments at 7th Avenue, Chief Medicaid Officer and Medicaid Quality Assurance Departments.
- Provide quality assurance and best practice integration of the Sanctuary Model of Trauma-Informed Care within program-centric practice.
- Develop visual platforms to share data, best practice highlights, and other information pertaining to program quality assurance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with substantial experience working in quality improvement, data, and child welfare regulations and service delivery; Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills required.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a key attention to detail required.
- Must be a team player with strong people skills which promotes a collaborative work environment.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of standards of practice within ACS and OCFS child welfare system.
- Must have strong expertise in CNNX (Connections) and other industry supported tracking systems.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities and achieving project deadlines, while maintaining flexibility and
- adjusting priorities as needed.
- Must have a commitment to work from a trauma-informed, strength-based and youth and family development perspective.
- Ability to use public transportation to travel throughout New York City.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
General Requirements: All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please Apply at: https://careers-goodshepherds.icims.com/jobs/2715/assistant-director-of-program-quality-assurance%3a-17th-street/job
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert