Training and Technical Assistance Fellow
U. S. Soccer Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
The mission of the U.S. Soccer Foundation is to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States, with a special emphasis on underserved communities.
We view soccer as a powerful vehicle for social change. By supporting the development of places to play, places to grow, and places to learn, our goal is to ensure that children in underserved communities have easy and affordable access to quality soccer programs that support their physical and personal development.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation helps young people embrace an active and healthy lifestyle and cultivate critical life skills through soccer. The Foundation’s programs are the national model for sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since its founding in 1994, the Foundation has impacted thousands of children through its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives, which offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive. For more information, visit www.ussoccerfoundation.org. The Foundation’s headquarters are located in Washington, D.C.
About the Role:
The U.S. Soccer Foundation’s programs are the national model for sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since its founding in 1994, the Foundation has established programs proven to help children embrace an active and healthy lifestyle while nurturing their personal growth beyond sports. Its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation seeks a Fellow (40 hours/week), paid at an hourly rate, for up to one year in length. Reporting to the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s Program Manager, this selected individual will have the opportunity to learn a variety of different programmatic skills while implementing a national sports-based youth development program and conducting research on mentorship, health & wellness, community engagement, and sports-based youth development.
About the Team:
The Programs Department is an eight-person team, responsible for continuously improving and operating the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s programs, namely our flagship program Soccer for Success, to ensure that the Foundation remains at the forefront of the sports-based youth development (SBYD) field. This work involves following the latest SBYD best practices to innovate and tailor our curricula and training to meet the unique needs of underserved communities across the country. In addition, the Team is responsible for managing the operations of Soccer for Success program partners around the country, including data monitoring, compliance, and relationship management.
The Training and Technical Assistance Fellow will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Support the Program Manager in reviewing and updating various iterations of the Soccer for SuccessCurriculum
- Copyedit and streamline content across various resources
- Support the planning and logistics of the Facilitator Summit, National Training, and Local Trainings
- Secure workshop presenters and coordinate the execution of the annual Urban Soccer Symposium, including content, keynote and presenter logistics, and outreach
- Identify and organize list of conferences within the sports-based youth development field
- Synthesize research to integrate the latest mentorship and sports-based youth development best practices
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Department to support all event-related communication efforts
A successful candidate will possess:
- Copy-editing experience, with a meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, as this position is responsible for sharing key updates among various stakeholders
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Refined organizational and time-management skills
- Strong research skills and an ability to synthesize best practices into curriculum and training materials
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, and general technology
- Desire to take initiative on innovative projects
- A positive behavior and attitude, and a mature and professional demeanor
- A demonstrated commitment to bettering the lives of children through sports-based youth development
- A bachelor’s degree
The U.S. Soccer Foundation isn’t a typical organization, and the right candidate for this role isn’t typical either. The ideal candidate is looking for opportunities to improve themselves and the organization. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
$14/hour. SmartBenefits of up to $260/month. Complimentary Gym Membership.
Required Materials & References:
Please follow the instructions on the job posting to submit required materials. For the Reference section, please submit a minimum of two (2) references, with at least one being supervisory in nature. Please note your references’ name, title, organization/company, and contact information.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please follow the link to apply for this position:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert