Waterfront Village, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 20024
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
To offer services to area residents aged 62 or older that allow them to remain in their homes for as long as they wish and are physically and mentally able.
Position Overview: The Executive Director (ED) is the operational face of the Village for members, volunteers, and community contacts. He or she supervises and coordinates the provision of services to members, oversees volunteer committees responsible for Village events, recruits and trains volunteers, and seeks and cultivates new and renewing members, donors and volunteers. The ED reports to the Board of Directors and supports the Board’s management of Village finances, drafting reports and budget proposals as needed, and assists in fundraising activities. The ED supervises and manages other employees, contractors and volunteers who maintain Village data and perform routine office operations.
Major Responsibilities: (the job is flexible and not limited to the below):
- Oversees and manages services and support to members, recruits and trains volunteers, and assembles a network of recommended vendors
- Supports the Village Board of Directors in fundraising, managing finances, and providing input to strategic and operational plans
- Oversees and supports volunteer committees developing events and activities
- Recruits and retains members and assists with donor relations
- Develops marketing and informational reports and materials to assist with the Village’s mission.
- Oversees office operations and ensures professional standards in employees, vendors, and volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of three years responsible experience with managerial operations and service provision. Health, social, and/or marketing experience and working with seniors a plus. High order of interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a wide variety of interests essential. Must be articulate and effective at speaking to both individuals and groups. Experience with written presentations and developing effective financial and other reports is required.
Health benefits, vacation/sick days, plus most holidays
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply to: [email protected]
Application deadline: September 30
Start date desired: November 1
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert