Sr Analyst, Finance & Planning (Programs)
National Geographic Society
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
The National Geographic Society is an impact-driven global nonprofit organization that pushes the boundaries of exploration to further our understanding of our planet and empower us all to generate solutions for a more sustainable future.
This position will be the Finance and Planning contact for specific Programs Areas, working independently to facilitate day to day finance operations across several divisions. Responsibilities include the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, monthly close process for assigned areas, and utilizing expertise to provide business advisory support. Position has experience with budgeting and analyzing across a variety of businesses, including revenue-generating public programs and complex operating programs. Utilizes analytical expertise to create detailed business models that support management decision making. Utilizes expert Microsoft Excel skills to create functioning templates that streamline planning processes. Position works closely with Finance and Planning lead and other team members to roll up division reporting into Executive Management reports, and responds to requests from Management, including revenue and philanthropy needs. May provide occasional direction and support to Analyst, regarding approach to assigned tasks.
- Manage and prepare budgets and forecasting documents for program areas in collaboration with division leads and staff, including P&L and cash statements. (30%)
- Manage and prepare divisional financial reporting and coordinate with other Finance and Planning staff on divisional progress. Coordinate with Revenue and Support group on all philanthropic and other revenue reporting as needed. (30%)
- Support new business and growth opportunities for divisions. (20%)
- Review with Corporate Accounting month end close process. Verify that all entries are recorded accurately and timely for specific areas. Liaison with other finance areas as needed that pertains to divisions. (15%)
- Various projects on behalf of the Finance and Planning group. (5%)
National Geographic is an equal opportunity employer. All employment-related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, marital status, or any other legally protected category.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelors in Business Administration; Accounting preferred.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
7+ years of finance experience that includes interfacing with organizational leadership and working with many groups within an organization. Work experience includes providing financial analytical data to business groups and providing advice to such groups for business decisions. Proven ability to work accurately and manage time in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills. Highly detail-oriented. Non-profit accounting preferred. Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting rules.
No direct report
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit our career page https://www.nationalgeographic.org/careers/
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert