Associate Director of Operations
Great Oaks Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10038
State: New York
Country: United States
About the Great Oaks Foundation
The Great Oaks (GO) Foundation is a non-profit organization with the mission of launching and supporting a network of charter school that prepare students for college success through high-dosage tutoring coupled with outstanding classroom instruction. By design, GO schools contribute to the vitality of the urban neighborhoods where they are located by attracting and creating social, human and investment capital.
What sets Great Oaks schools apart from other college preparatory charters is our high-dosage tutoring model; the tutoring is provided by the Great Oaks Fellow Corps, which is a selective cadre of recent college graduates who deliver at least two hours of tutoring to every student every day.
The Great Oaks Foundation has successfully replicated this program in Newark, NJ; Bridgeport, CT; New York, NY and Wilmington, DE. A select group of tutors at Great Oaks are enrolled in a Teacher Residency program that is being conducted in partnership with NYU’s Steinhardt School of Education.
The Great Oaks Foundation seeks an Associate Director of Operations support both school and central office operations. The role is full-time and will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The Associate Director of Operations is capable of skillfully managing competing priorities, is not afraid to get his/her hands dirty, and can adeptly drive systems and processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the construction of annual, school-specific strategic plans for student recruitment; lead the implementation of those plans throughout the recruitment cycle in direct coordination with school staff; lead regular check-in meetings with school staff.
- Maintain the Student Recruitment Playbook as a foundational resource to inform school planning; work with Foundation and school staff to update the content of Playbook on an annual basis, as needed.
- Track school-specific enrollment data and provide analytics to inform school-level work; regularly report on recruitment activity progress to school and Foundation leadership.
- Lead the implementation of the School Facilities Rubric to track maintenance issues and promote accountability within school buildings; update the Rubric as needed.
- Support coordination of facilities-related maintenance needs and vendor inquiries at school buildings.
- Create and manage systems for managing tutor housing program, in direct collaboration with school staff, including but not limited to: strategic planning of move in/out, tutor placement, utilities management, and unit maintenance.
- Coordinate school and Foundation operations-related calendars.
- Assist in the planning logistics of Foundation events including troubleshooting, scheduling, and working with vendors.
- Support in setting priorities for Operations staff throughout the year.
- Support in identifying and supporting the implementation of opportunities for collaboration and professional development for Operations personnel across the Great Oaks Network.
- Assist schools and the Foundation in sourcing coordinated, low-cost, high quality options for vendor services and capital projects, including drafting and tracking requests for proposals for items put to bid, as needed
- Work with the COO and school operations personnel to develop operational systems, including for effective vendor use and supply inventory management
- Manage school website content by effecting real-time changes to the site, including updates required by school boards.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce marketing materials related to student recruitment, in coordination with Foundation staff team and school personnel, as needed.
- Manage relationships and workflow of third-party partners in carrying out marketing projects, as needed, to fulfill school needs and objectives.
- Support the project management of the annual report production; Coordinate with graphic design vendors and Foundation to design, edit, and produce the final product.
- Upkeep and ensure the effective utilization of network information management platforms, including the email server and Google suite of applications
- Support relationship management with IT, utilities, graphic design, promotional, and facilities vendors to ensure efficient vendor use and prompt billing remittance.
- Field technology issues and manage technology inventory at the Foundation.
Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Qualifications
The successful candidate will believe in the core values of Great Oaks and be driven by its mission. Additionally, they will have experience balancing many competing priorities and projects at the same time, and they will take the initiative to develop systems that drive operational success.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of operations, charter school, or education experience preferred
- A strong eye for detail and impeccable time, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and deadline sensitive environment
- An unwavering belief in the ability of every child to succeed and a desire to facilitate equitable educational opportunities for all
- Flexibility, grace under pressure, ability to make strong rational decisions, and a strong sense of humor
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply here.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert