Associate Director of Philanthropy
Jewish Federation San Diego
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Employment
City: San Diego
Postal code: 92123
Country: United States
Inspired by Jewish values, we broaden and deepen engagement in Jewish life to strengthen Jewish identity, foster dynamic connections with Israel, and care for all Jews in need. We mobilize our community's resources, leaders, and organizations to address the community's most critical needs, creating profound impact locally, in Israel and around the world.
The Associate Director of Philanthropy (ADP) will carry, solicit, cultivate and steward a portfolio of mid-level prospects. S/He will support the Senior Director of Philanthropy (SDP) in the planning and implementation of all Women’s Philanthropy (WP) related activities. With guidance and support from the SDP and the CEO, the ADP will be responsible for developing the overall strategy to ensure the success of our signature Campaign Events, focusing on Men’s Event and Options. S/He is responsible for creating and implementing strategies and plans to ensure the daily operations of the Development Department run smoothly and efficiently and will supervise the administration of all community campaign, direct mail and telemarketing efforts. S/He will work with the database and finance staff to generate weekly and monthly campaign reports and will establish and regularly monitor key measurements to foster a results oriented culture for the team. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
GENERAL FUNDRAISING & STRAGEGY
- Responsible for cultivating, stewarding and soliciting a portfolio of donors from $1,800-9,999 with keen focus on both Lion of Judah (women who give over $5,000) and Pomegranate (women who give between $1,800-4,999) gifts.
- Coordinate and implement strategy for the professional and lay assignments of current donors, skips, and prospects.
- Work with SDP to plan and manage meetings with Development Team members.
- Create strategies and tactics for ongoing stewardship in the community campaign and mid-level portfolios, including directed giving.
- Carry out additional relevant responsibilities as requested by the CEO.
WOMEN’S PHILANTHROPY & LEADERHSIP DEVELOPMENT
- Collaborate with WP leadership to recruit new leadership and ambassadors, and engage leaders in donor development, solicitation and stewardship.
- Serve as lead staff in managing day to day implementation of WP Board leadership and committee work.
- Track, manage and report on monthly progress of Women’s Philanthropy fundraising.
- Identify, recruit, educate and motivate volunteers to actively participate in campaign and WP activities.
- Manage all programmatic elements (speakers, food, and other logistics) for WP engagement activities and small events.
- Manage national WP conference opportunities as well as overseas travel experiences.
- Engage in community activities and serve as a leadership role model for women in the community.
- Serve as primary liaison to JFNA’s (Jewish Federation of North America) National Women’s Philanthropy staff and key lay leaders in order to leverage resources and highlight San Diego in the national arena.
- Support SDP’s efforts to implement WP Leadership Development Program; Specifically,
- Serve as key entry and point of connection to Federation with LD program participants.
- Manage all leadership development activities including facilitators, curriculum, application process, participant engagement, etc.
- Oversee implementation and evaluation of WP Leadership Development Program
DATA ANALYSIS, ADMINISTRATION & DONOR RELATIONS
- Manage campaign analysis, reporting, prospecting, and forecasting in collaboration with appropriate Campaign and Finance staff to benchmark, measure campaign progress, and identify important trends in our donor base.
- Analyze and evaluate campaign-related data to identify opportunities for campaign strategy and greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support SDP’s efforts to develop and implement a “Moves Management” system.
- Support appropriate administrative staff on donor gift entry processes and acknowledgments systems.
- Effectively utilize Federation’s donor management system to manage, track, and report on all aspects of donor relationships.
EVENTS, DIRECT MAIL & TELEMARKETING (likely to be shared with Marketing Director)
- With key staff partners and committee leadership to develop overall strategy to ensure success of our Signature Campaign Events.
- Work with key staff partners to develop a strategy for and execute the entire direct mail process using data analytics to A/B test, learn and take new/corrective action.
- Work with key staff to plan and execute phone-a-thons and telemarketing efforts.
- Event Manager
- Development Manager
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS
- 5-7 years of experience in a fundraising or similar environment
- Proven ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies that will guide annual campaign efforts
- Proven ability to manage fundraising projects and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with lay leaders and committee volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff
- Proficiency with fundraising database administration and management is essential, knowledge of Blackbaud CRM a plus.
- Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that will support donor stewardship strategies and organization-wide marketing efforts.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate campaign results and identify trends.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate across department and organizational boundaries, influence the decision of others, and deal effectively with multiple “customers” including department heads, volunteer leaders, donors, trustees and others.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous manner in person, by e-mail and by telephone.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs and traditions, including knowledge of Israel.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Medical, dental and vision Insurance, Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Term Life Insurance, AD&D & Long Term Disability, AFLAC. Sick Leave, 21.5 Holidays Vacation, and 403b Thrift Plan.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please forward resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates need to apply
Jewish Federation San Diego
4950 Murphy Canyon Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Posted By: Jewish Federation San Diego
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert