Chief Financial Officer
Alaska SeaLife Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 99664
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The Alaska SeaLife Center generates and shares scientific knowledge to promote understanding and stewardship of Alaska's marine ecosystems.
Would you like to be part of a team making a difference in our community and globally? The Alaska SeaLife Center (ASLC) has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This is a key position which will play a significant role in the continued growth and success of our organization. This position is responsible for the overall management, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the fiscal, grant management, and budgetary operations of the Alaska SeaLife Center including all related activities with regard to ASLC’s fiscal agent role with the North Pacific Research Board (NPRB) and the Alaska Ocean Observing System (AOOS).
What is required besides being highly motivated, creative and able to work in a collaborative environment? A demonstrated track record of leadership, management and vision for the future to ensure proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and efficient and effective people systems are in place. The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to work independently while creating a positive and supportive work culture within the department. They will not just embrace the Alaska SeaLife Center’s scientific and educational mission but demonstrate a love of financial analysis and the ability communicate the organization’s fiscal condition when requested.
The successful candidate should have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in finance, accounting or a related discipline. A CPA, MBA or other master’s degree is a plus. You must also have a least 10 years progressively responsible experience in fiscal administration with seven years at a supervisory level. Strong skills and experience in advanced Microsoft Excel functions and computerized accounting systems is required. Experience with non-profit accounting, federal grant compliance, enterprise resource planning (ERP) accounting systems, Microsoft Dynamics SL (SOLOMON), FRx Reporting, and relational databases is preferred.
The Alaska SeaLife Center offers a work environment unlike any other in Alaska. As part of the ASLC team you will have the opportunity to be directly involved in the ASLC’s mission, whether it’s volunteering to provide care to an orphaned marine mammal or simply spending break time wandering the Center’s exhibits.
This position is based in Seward, Alaska. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package, inclusive of a competitive benefits package, including a 401(k)plan offering.
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance, accounting or related field. CPA, MBA or other Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10 years experience in fiscal administration with 7+ years at a supervisory level or the equivalent.
- Strong skills and experience in accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, advanced Microsoft Excel functions and computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with non-profit accounting, federal grant compliance, enterprise resource planning (ERP) accounting systems, Microsoft Dynamics SL (SOLOMON), FRx Reporting, and relational databases is preferred.
- Advanced skills in organization, attention to detail, and oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently, set own priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse individuals and present information clearly to non-financial groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to interact effectively with staff, senior management and outside organizations demonstrating a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Uses financial analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to analyze data and develop meaningful solutions to specific problems.
- Fosters good relations with visitors, volunteers, community leaders, contractors, and fellow staff members by promoting positive attitudes, good will, cooperation, and providing high standards of service.
The Alaska SeaLife Center offers a competitive benefits package.
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Posted By: The Foraker Group
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert