Portfolio Manager + Lead Consultant
Slingshot Memphis, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 38104
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Mission: Slingshot Memphis aims to create a demonstrable reduction in poverty by promoting a results-driven poverty-fighting ecosystem.
- Create a demonstrable reduction in poverty
- Establish the standard for useful and transparent measurement of poverty-fighting impact
- Support nonprofits to maximize their poverty-fighting impact
- Attract new and more resources for high-impact programs
- Promote and cultivate a results-driven poverty-fighting ecosystem
- Objectivity & Rigor
- Urgency, & Creativity
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Humility, Empathy, & Love
Three Critical Functions:
1.Slingshot is uniquely positioned to help identify which organizations have the evidence or potential to create the most impact. Why is this important? In most areas, there are countless nonprofits, all fighting for limited resources. This is neither sustainable nor effective, especially for our under-resourced neighbors.
2. Slingshot supports these organizations to maximize their poverty-fighting impact. We know that creating feedback loops, researching best practices, and examining system-level change are paramount to optimizing impact. We also know that most nonprofits do not have the bandwidth or resources to do these things. We believe Slingshot is the most effective means to fill this gap.
3. Slingshot attracts and directs more dollars (mostly dollars that would not be invested otherwise). This includes private and public dollars.
About The Position:
Slingshot Memphis, Inc. is seeking an experienced, driven, self-motivated individual to help support, manage, and expand our portfolio of nonprofit organizations/investments.
The Portfolio Manager + Lead Consultant is a key leadership role in an organization that is uniquely positioned to recondition the charitable giving landscape. From the ground floor, this individual will be joining a team of highly talented and passionate individuals.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a consultant and trusted thought partner for a host of nonprofit organizations.
- Measure and monetize the net impact of these organizations.
- Assess success of each partner entity in using its resources to achieve its most critical 3-5 outcomes.
- Promote the advancement of a data-driven, test-and-learn culture throughout these organizations.
- Help assess organizational structure and effectiveness and champion organizational changes as needed.
- Develop, implement, and continually refine rigorous and cost-effective tools that measure and monetize poverty alleviating outcomes.
- Research and forecast future trends and predict non-observable events (counterfactuals) by applying statistical methods to economic and demographic data and leveraging third party research (e.g. longitudinal studies, RCTs, etc.).
- Ensure that a coordinated plan exists for taking projects through all stages of development to launch. And, help ensure tools and technologies are in place to execute these plans.
- Generate concise quarterly updates for management team and board.
- Identify and engineer collaborative opportunities among partner organizations.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Clean, organize, and store collected data.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of internal databases, including the establishment of database standards and controls, management of source data, and assurance of data quality.
- Appropriate levels of humility, confidence, empathy, and risk-taking.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop solutions, and translate insights into high-level guidance and tactical execution.
- Basic knowledge of social impact investments as a means to reduce poverty.
- Experience in creating and managing data tools and procedures to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven record of organizational leadership; ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; relentless work ethic.
- Strong work ethic with ability to operate independently.
- Excellent track record working as a consultant.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in relevant field preferred (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Information Management, Engineering, Sociology, Statistics, or Public Policy).
This is a career position which offers excellent benefits.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert