Senior Outreach Manager
Center for Talent Innovation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Research
City: New York
Postal code: 10019
State: New York
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Through insightful research and powerful convenings, we inspire and equip leaders to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
We envision a world where everyone can thrive; where employers and employees value the differences and the perspectives of all people.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Empower individuals and organizations
- Drive impactful change
- Collaborate as a team
- Achieve excellence in our work
- Demonstrate integrity in all we do
The Center for Talent Innovation (CTI) is a New York based think tank that conducts research, builds community, and advises companies to design diverse, inclusive workplaces where every person belongs.
CTI currently works with 100+ companies – many in the Fortune 500 – and is organized along three pillars:
- Our Task Force of member companies, a community of global business leaders who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Ground-breaking research and publications on the most important issues in diversity and inclusion
- Advisory services that drive change through the implementation of our research
This position is located in our large, bright office in midtown, though CTI aims to be flexible regarding work-from-home considerations. CTI is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the integrity of our research.
The Outreach/Senior Outreach Manager sets strategy for and oversees relationships with our Task Force companies. The successful candidate will further strengthen existing client relationships and help forge new relationships to build CTI’s visibility and financial resources. The Senior Outreach Manager will work closely with other team members to secure resources for new initiatives. This is an opportunity for a natural relationship manager to deepen the impact of CTI’s research and insights. This position reports to the SVP of Operations and Planning.
Responsibilities to include:
- Play an active, externally facing role to build and sustain relationships with business leaders at Task Force member companies.
- Design, delegate, and drive a member engagement strategy
- In partnership with team, identify and leverage opportunities for CTI's suite of offerings to be implemented at client companies, including research sponsorship and consulting services
- Monitor and report regularly on progress toward fundraising goals
- Research funding sources, targets, and industries with foresight in order to help position CTI ahead of major changes or trends
- Collaborate with research and events teams to share interest from companies on given topics
- Collaborate with communications team to develop client marketing materials, including print materials, talking points, pitches, emails and blurbs
- Contribute to the development of tracking tools to segment clients and monitor goals
- Contribute to organization's annual development plan
- Other responsibilities as needed
- PhD in a social science or public administration subject, with coursework in statistics and data analysis
- 2-5 years of experience in an academic or non-academic research setting; a focus on relevant topics a strong plus
- Demonstrated applied research skills, with excellent methodological and analytic capabilities
- Exemplary statistical analysis skills, with experience in Stata or SPS
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to tell a compelling story by synthesizing quantitative and qualitative insights
- Strong public speaking skills
- Commitment to quality, objectivity, and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, especially around data and how it is presented
- Ability to mentor and develop staff members
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance multiple work streams
- Ability to work both independently and effectively as a team player
- Superb Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working with corporate clients a plus
- High energy and passion for CTI’s mission is essential
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only those whose application is being considered will be contacted. No phone calls or emails, please.
The Center for Talent Innovation wishes to attract the best talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical and mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert