Deputy Division Director of Child & Family Services
Are you interested in a position that will make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Community Teamwork is a private non-profit organization with over 400 employees dedicated to reducing barriers and creating opportunities for low income individuals and families.
In addition to fully utilizing your skills, Community Teamwork offers opportunities for continued professional development and career growth. Great teams, a competitive salary and well above average benefits including a generous contribution to employee 401k plans make Community Teamwork a highly regarded employer.
Under the direction of the Division Director of Child & Family Services, the Deputy Division Director will have immediate responsibility for managing the effective development, implementation, and fiscal responsibility of assigned programs (Family Child Care, School Age and/or Early Learning Program – Head Start), as well as responsibility for select key initiatives within the Division or Agency. An individual in this role will: provide leadership to Program Directors and Management staff to effectively and efficiently maximize available resources; ensure quality services to stakeholders, and clients; consult with staff on departmental policy and procedures and training plans; and support short- and long-term planning to develop and monitor operational goals and objectives within assigned programs. The ideal candidate must possess a comprehensive knowledge of child development and education, contracting and licensing requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, DOE Program Standards, and NAEYC Accreditation Standards, possess skills in managing a large professional staff, and the ability to work effectively with various officials and members of the agency and community.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in administration, child care, human services, child and family development, or a closely related field required.
· Minimum of three years previous supervisory/management experience required.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality within the workplace.
· Strong proven leadership and decision making abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to handle budgetary matters.
· Demonstrated ability to comprehend and work with complex governmental regulations.
· Ability to effectively supervise, motivate and develop staff.
· Ability to articulate program goals and policies to participants, other community agencies, and vendors.
· Experience in program planning and administration.
· Proficient computer skills required in basic computer software and data collection systems.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Sensitivity to the needs of the participant population.
· Bilingual skills (English/Spanish or English/Khmer) a plus.
· EEC Licensed Director I and II or Site Coordinator preferred.
- Rewarding work environment.
- 5% of your salary contributed to 401k plan
- 3 weeks vacation during your first year of employment.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance/Short & Long term disability + many other excellent benefits.
To apply, please click on the following URL or copy and paste to your browser:
Please visit our website at www.commteam.org for more information.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of an innovative, outcome focused team in an organization committed to excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Affirmative Action Employer/EEO