Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 02122
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Founded in 1984, VISIONS, Inc. is a non-profit training and consulting organization, specializing in diversity and inclusion.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that VISIONS is positioned as a well-recognized and respected provider of services that support diversity, equity, and inclusion in both the private and public sectors. The Executive Director is responsible for the general and active management of the business, property and affairs of the Corporation, including working with the Board to develop and implement a 3-year strategic plan and annual business plans.
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
- Develops and supervises the execution of a three-year strategic plan and annual business plan.
- Provides direct supervision to the Associate Director of Programs and the Associate Director for Finance.
- Maintains and fosters relationships with a broad spectrum of nonprofit and government agencies, and private sector businesses.
- Working with the Associate Director, oversees the development of the annual operating budget and financial reporting.
- Ensures that internal systems, physical space, and infrastructure are adjusted to support growth and change.
- Works with the Associate Director for Programs to understand deeply the community problems addressed by VISIONS and the VISIONS models and methods employed.
- Actively promotes, oversees and supports marketing efforts.
- Acts as the public spokesperson for the Corporation, maintaining appropriate media relations.
- Supports the Development Committee of the Board of the Directors.
- Ensures staffing adequacy for implementing development plans.
- Identifies prospective funding sources; prepares and secures grants to support operating costs and new program initiatives.
- Maintains contributor relations.
- Tracks and reports all grants, gifts, bequests, etc. and supervises the process of recording and acknowledging receipt of said funds.
- Establishes and maintains fund-raising campaigns as required by business circumstances.
- Oversees the design and pursuit of new program initiatives and models, and maintains relationships in support of new business.
- Administers all third-party administrative contracts with public and private agencies.
- Works closely and in partnership with the Board of Directors to develop and implement internal and external goals that reflect VISIONS’ mission and strategies.
- Supports the recruitment, cultivation and onboarding of new Board members.
- Supports the work of Board Committees by ensuring the timely flow of accurate information from operations to the Board, prudent decision-making and creative problem-solving as needed.
- Displays integrity and maintains the confidential and proprietary information of VISIONS, Inc.
- Working knowledge of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) field.
- Proven experience as a senior manager of at least five years with equivalent oversight responsibilities, preferably in a nonprofit.
- Ten years of experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Passion for economic, racial and social justice imperatives.
- Experience in fundraising, securing grants, contract negotiations, business development, strategic planning and product development.
- Knowledge and experience in development, marketing, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, Board operations.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to listen, communicate effectively, and make decisions in a responsible and timely manner.
- Experience in developing and managing a broad range of business and community relationships.
- Prior success working with a Board of Trustees and cultivating board member relationships and engagement.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Is open to and actively seeks appreciative and developmental feedback from staff and board.
- Has experienced the work of VISIONS, or is willing to intensely study the work of VISIONS, in order to support accurate promotion of the work.
Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or MPA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
This is a national practice. Travel is required.
$120k - 140k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including desired compensation, addressed to Louise Coggins, Board President, by email to [email protected] no later than 5:00 PM on October 25, 2019. Initial phone interviews will be scheduled for early November with final interviews scheduled for completion by early December, 2019.
Posted By: Fio Partners, LLC
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert