Director of Programs
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 22030
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
FACETS opens door for by helping parents, their children and individuals who suffer the effects of poverty in Fairfax County.
FACETS is seeking a Senior Director of Programs to provide strategic program leadership, stewardship of fiscal and human assets, and collaborative partnerships with community stakeholders to address the needs around poverty and homelessness. He/she will work with the Executive Director to expand the organization's visibility and to create opportunities for significant strategic partnerships and financial support to grow the mission.
The organization is on a path to diversify program offerings and to expand the reach of services. The incoming Senior Director of Programs will be asked to not only continue strengthening internal program operations but to also further engage volunteers, businesses, members of the faith communities, and invested donors in helping with the growth of the organization. This position will be responsible to ensure the financial viability of all programs, providing accountability for delivery of programs, accurate program reports, and identification of new sources of income. He/she will join the Executive Director in contract and budget negotiations as required.
The Senior Director of Programs will oversee all programs, providing direction for four (4) program directors. He/she will be part of the FACETS leadership team, an active colleague in building a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency. This position will support the Executive Director in his work with the Board of Directors.
Desired Experience and Attributes
FACETS is seeking and inspiring leader who will manage the programs for effectiveness and growth. The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong leader who sets a vision and supports people in achieving it;
- A natural collaborator who is inclusive and respectful of all participants;
- Effective in building support with a variety of stakeholders;
- A person of high integrity and high ideals;
- Able to effectively engage, manage, coach, supervise and help staff grow professionally;
- Able to analyze multiple sets of data and make data driven decisions/recommendations;
- An effective communicator to a wide range of constituents (staff, program participants, donors, volunteers, federal, state and local government officials);
- A creative problem solver;
- Organized and able to set priorities effectively;
- committed to eradicated the effects of poverty and homelessness
- Combination of completion of a Bachelor's Degree (advanced degree preferred, preference for an MSW) and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience with program leadership responsibilities;
- Minimum of four (4) years supervisory/management experience;
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing, and growing programs to strengthen children and families;
- Preference for experience with serving those experiencing or at risk of homelessness;
- Experience with developing and managing program budgets, preference for CoC and HUD experience;
- Experience writing policies and procedures;
- Experience developing new programs;
- Demonstrated success in grant writing and community engagement;
- Ability to maintain an organizational culture, which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in writing, executing, and managing numerous government/foundation grants; preference for HUD CoC grants, County contracts, and major foundations;
- Success in developing and maintaining excellent funder relationships (preference with HUD and/or homeless services experience);
- Experience with advocacy and coalition building within the community; particularly with homeless prevention services.
FACETS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applicants are asked to send cover letter and resume to [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
FACETS is a 501c3 organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert