Sr. Director - Leadership Development
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Senior Director, Leadership Development (SDLD) is responsible for developing, maintaining and evaluating the effectiveness of learning solutions. The SDLD places a high emphasis on supporting and driving achievement of KIPPs strategic goals by leveraging Talent expertise, initiatives, tools, and techniques. S/he will manage the strategy and execution of the KIPP Foundation competency framework, performance management initiatives and people development, ensuring proper integration into talent management processes covering the full span of the “employment life cycle.” The SDLD shares our belief that people are our most important asset.
In addition, the SDLD supports a portfolio of internal client groups as an HR Business Partner, acting as the primary point of service contact for the leadership group and employees on interpreting human resource policies, procedures, and practices.
- Lead and identify leadership competency frameworks and performance management frameworks needed to support culture and engagement
- Ensure effective delivery and implementation of the organization’s suite of Leadership Development programs.
- Drive the communication strategy with key stakeholders regarding the availability and status of leadership development programming
- Facilitate Train-the-Trainer workshops, as needed for leadership programs delivered by internal facilitators
- Manage Executive Coaching requests/process
- Develop and maintain strong synergistic relationships with colleagues and customers, including those internal to Human Resources (e.g., HR Business Partners)
- Manage vendor relationships and budgets associated with leadership development initiatives
- Oversee necessary logistics such as training rooms, external venues and provide supporting training materials, etc. (as applicable)
HR Business Partner
- Partner with leaders regarding: employee relations, organization development, talent acquisition, learning & development, performance management, culture, total rewards, etc.
- Apply change management principles as initiatives are discussed, designed, developed, and executed
- Partner with others to build Talent capability and knowledge within the department, specifically with respect to system and process (best practice)
- Facilitate the cascading of the talent initiatives and practices throughout the organization
- Provide counseling and coaching to managers (and employees) regarding day-to-day employee/manager interactions
- Partner with clients to implement all elements of performance managements process including: cascading goals, feedback, coaching, development plans, career discussions, appropriate documentation, and appropriate actions for performance issues, etc.
- Change Management
- Systems Thinking
- Consulting Approaches
- Organizational Development (a plus)
- Conflict Management
- Influencing Skills
- Learning and Development
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in human resources and/or leadership development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree a plus
- Solid practical knowledge of talent management disciplines, such as: performance management, succession planning, talent planning, competency development, compensation, employee relations, and talent analytics
- Good interpersonal skills and strong analytical, management, and decision-making skills to assess training needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing quality with on-time delivery
- Self-starter, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of strategic HR concepts: Organizational Development, Business Partner model, Conflict Management and Resolution, Talent Acquisition, EEO Compliance, Wage and Hour Compliance, Leave and Disability Management, Workplace Investigations
This role is based in either New York City or San Francisco.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan, and a significant paid time-off package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To Apply click here: https://kippcareers.secure.force.com/JobDetail?id=a0X0W000009WM74UAG
The KIPP Foundation provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert