Operations Manager - New Orleans
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 70117
Country: United States
About College Track
College Track is a national college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From the summer before 9th grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the barriers that prevent students from earning their college degree by providing them with comprehensive academic support, leadership training, financial and college advising, and scholarships. We teach them the skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond. In four years, a College Track student receives support equivalent to one extra year of high school.
College Track started in 1997 with a cohort of 25 students in East Palo Alto. Today, we serve over 2,400 high school and college students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, New Orleans, Colorado, Los Angeles and Sacramento. By 2020, we will double the number of students we serve and produce nearly 1,000 college graduates. Last year, 96% of our high school seniors were accepted to four-year colleges and our college graduation rate is 2.5 times the national average for low-income students.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all site operations function efficiently and effectively. This position will manage the day-to-day of site operations and the administration of finance, human resources and payroll. Additionally, s/he will oversee data reporting and monitoring at the site level and support the Site Director in student recruitment. This is a critical role in ensuring effective site operations so that the team can best serve students every day.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and Manage Site Operations: Successfully manage the day-to-day of site operations including office management, technology, facilities and vehicles. This position will manage front desk administration, oversee the inventory of supplies, project manage facility projects, serve as the central point person for managing the inventory of technology and will work with the IT consultant to address technology needs. S/he will also manage the use of College Track vehicles for transporting students home and to field trip destinations.
- Manage the Administration of Finance, Human Resources and Payroll: Support the Site Director with budget development by gathering, analyzing and reporting necessary data; track and process invoices and reimbursements for staff and vendors. Support site supervisors with employee onboarding and orientation; act as an HR and payroll liaison for all employees and volunteer staff.
- Oversee Data Monitoring and Reporting: Serve as the in-house Salesforce expert and ensure the tracking and reporting of student attendance. Maintain site dashboards and update information on an ongoing basis using student databases.
- Support Student Recruitment: Assist the Site Director in the annual student recruitment process including delivering presentations aimed at identifying and recruiting prospective students and overseeing the record keeping process.
- New/Special Projects: Additional projects as assigned by the Site Director.
Skills & Experience Required
Minimum of 2-3 years of experience managing the operations for an organization, program or school.
Skilled at managing self; reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently.
Skilled at communicating and managing vertically and horizontally. Effective at being able to work across the organization, through influence, to achieve goals.
Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
Demonstrated ability to create efficient systems for completing work.
Basic aptitude and strong appetite to learn data and technology systems. Experience with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.) required. Experience with Salesforce or other databases, preferred.
Minimum bachelor’s college degree.
Spanish language proficiency in both written and oral communications preferred.
Demonstrated ability to meet and maintain federal, state, local, and College Track guidelines (e.g. background checks).
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, and ability to drive 12-passenger van.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website!
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert