New Level Community Development Corp
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 37208
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
We build, rent, educate and partner to bring housing solutions to our community.
We are a successful nonprofit Community Development Corp seeking an experienced Executive Director to capitalize on our success and lead our organization through an anticipated time of growth. Founded in 2002 through the efforts of Mt. Zion Baptist Church we continue to work in partnership to serve our community. Our programs include, housing development both rental and home ownership, below market rental housing, home buyer education, credit coaching and matching savings plans. Our current budget is $974,000
The Executive Director is the key management leader of New Level CDC. The Executive Director oversees the administration, programs, and strategic direction of the program. Other key duties include housing development, fundraising (specifically housing development grants) grant administration, asset management, advocacy and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization's mission.
- Responsible for leading New Level CDC in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely manner all information necessary for the Board to function effectively and make informed decisions
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of New Level CDC to include submission to the Board a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Oversees auditing process, ensures federal tax returns and annual state reports are submitted.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operation with the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Responsible for developing resources, focusing on earned revenue, to support New Level CDC's mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of New Level CDC's programs that carry out the organization's mission.
- Lead person on housing development projects including securing financing, negotiating deals and managing project processes.
- Oversees property management activities.
- Responsible for the enhancement of New Level CDC's image by being active and visible in the community and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Responsible for facilitating the board's strategic planning work.
4) Organization operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are effective.
- Responsible for effective administration of New Level CDC operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- 5 or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- 8 years housing development experience including project management
- Ability to convey a vision of New Level CDC's strategic future to board, staff, volunteers and donors
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board of directors and volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills including public speaking
- Proven knowledge of fundraising strategies and investor relations unique to nonprofit and social enterprise models
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to interface and engage with diverse groups of people
- Proven experience collaborating with and managing staff
- Certifications in nonprofit affordable housing financing, rental and home home ownership.
- Grant writing/administration including government grants
- Department of Housing and Urban Development grant writing,administration,compliance
- (certifications in HUD grant administration and compliance a plus)
- Certifications in nonprofit fundraising
- Real estate asset management
- Deep understanding of financial strategies, budget management, analysis, decision making and reporting
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply by email to [email protected]
In the subject line of the email type your last name and ED applicant.
Email as one document, a cover letter, your resume and answers to these four questions: 1) Describe your experience in housing development 2) Describe your experience working with boards of directors, corporate and nonprofit 3) Describe your experience using government grants 4) What are 3 ways you believe a city can improve affordable and sustainable housing?
Please include your LinkedIn profile URL if you have one.
Applications will be accepted until filled. By applying for this position you agree that you have read the job description and this notice. All applicants will be considered. Only those whose skills and experience most closely fit the requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us we will keep your resume on file. We will not release your resume or contact information without your permission.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert