Events & Community Engagement Coordinator
DOVE (DOmestic Violence Ended), Inc
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 02269
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
DOVE is committed to partnering with diverse communities, families, and individuals impacted by domestic violence. We promote hope, healing, safety, and social change by providing a broad range of preventive and responsive services.
DOVE’s Statement of Welcome and Affirmation DOVE provides services to individuals impacted by domestic violence and welcomes refugee and immigrant survivors both documented and undocumented, people with disabilities, people who are deaf or hard of hearing, people of color, and LGBQ/T and gender non-conforming individuals.
The Events and Community Engagement Coordinator works as part of a team with the Director of Marketing and Philanthropy and the Communications and Annual Fund Coordinator to manage the day-to-day operations of DOVE’s fundraising and development efforts to increase philanthropic support for DOVE’s work.
Primary areas of focus include: major fundraising event planning and implementation, 3rd-party event support and coordination, engagement with volunteers for events as well as corporate service projects, and support for community engagement, outreach, education, and collaboration efforts.
Job Purpose / Duties:
- Plan and implement fundraising events, including DOVE’s signature fall Harvesting Hope gala and spring Divas Dance for DOVE fundraiser. Tasks include securing sponsorships, live and silent auction items, raffle items, etc.; engaging Table Captains; developing collateral material (electronic and print); working with and providing organized support for Event Committee members; working with venue staff and contractors (food, entertainment, AV, etc.) to ensure planful and smooth implementation of events; securing and coordinating event volunteers; and conducting follow-up after the event.
- Liaise with organizers of 3rd-party events, such as Fashion Show, Sly Fox annual fundraiser, and other benefit events for DOVE, ensuring staff representation (development and/or program) at events as requested.
- Support and facilitate the creation and implementation of House Parties and like events (e.g., Bookgroups discussions) hosted by DOVE Board and Advisory Council members and other supporters, involving program staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate donation drives for items that will benefit survivors DOVE serves, such as back-to-school, cold-and-flu, Mother’s Day, etc.; assist with Holiday Assistance Program.
- Coordinate corporate service projects and engagements as feasible and beneficial to DOVE’s work.
- Coordinate volunteer engagement (recruitment, oversight, supervision, etc.), particularly for fundraising events, and liaise with program staff as appropriate.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of outreach presentations and trainings.
- Support maintenance of the donor/event databases, BasicFunder and Greater Giving, including performing data entry, running reports, generating Thank You and other correspondences for donors, etc.
- Assist in maintaining DOVE’s website as well as communication platforms and social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Write for and coordinate content and design for DOVE’s communication print and electronic communications.
- Assist Executive Director with special projects, e.g. public policy advocacy, communication with elected officials, Strategic Planning initiatives, research for grants, etc. Strong writing skills will be required.
- Represent DOVE at community events, to current and prospective donors, elected officials, funders, corporate supporters, and other outside constituents, and periodically at programmatic collaboration events.
- Other duties and new areas of interest as determined with supervisor.
Your Skill Set:
Following is a summary of the key attributes of the successful candidate:
- You are well organized, have excellent attention to detail, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks at a quick pace and follow through to completion.
- You have experience with event planning and execution.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You are tech-savvy with a high level of proficiency with the internet and technology, including social media, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You have some knowledge of donor databases and can learn new systems quickly.
- You present professionally and have the ability to work well with Board members, donors and supporters, and survivors engaged with DOVE.
- You are able to manage time efficiently and meet required deadlines consistently.
- You have a positive approach, can-do attitude, sense of humor, are flexible, and can trouble-shoot, triage, and stay poised and calm under pressure.
- You have a solid work-ethic, can work independently, are self-motivated and self-reliant, and are dependable.
- You can work effectively, collaboratively, and creatively in a team-oriented environment.
- You have a strong commitment to DOVE’s mission and goals.
- You have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel.
- You can climb and descend stairs and lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- You are committed to providing documentation of 35-hours of domestic violence training upon hire, or complete DOVE’s 35-hour Domestic Violence Awareness Training within 1st year of hire.
- CORI (Criminal Offender Record Inquiry) check upon offer of hire.
Work Schedule: Full-time (40hr/wk), non-exempt position, generally Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, with regular schedule variations based on business needs. The Events and Community Engagement Coordinator will be required to work at other times to participate in event planning meetings and community events; this will include periodic evening and weekend hours.
Compensation and Benefits: DOVE is committed to working for social and economic justice, engaged and dedicated colleagues, training and education in best practices, professional development opportunities, openness to innovation, and the opportunity and resources to do meaningful, impactful work. Benefits include paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, holiday) and insurance coverage (Health/ Dental, short-term disability, and Life/ADD), consistent with personnel policy. In Y1, 3 weeks vacation, 12 holidays, 3 personal days. Employer contribution to health/dental 70%.
Less than $60k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, send cover letter specifically for this position and a resume to:
- Dawn Hayes, Director of Marketing & Philanthropy, at [email protected]
- Applications will be considered until position is filled. 1st round applicant reviews are anticipated to begin the week of October 7; interviews offered to the strongest qualified candidates to date. It is DOVE’s hope that the incumbent will begin work ~ early-mid November, 2019.
- Applications or resumes without a cover letter expressing interest in employment at DOVE will not be considered.
For more information on DOVE, see our website: www.dovema.org
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert