Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: New York
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
Founded in 2003, the Hollyhock Foundation is committed to creating high‐quality educational opportunities for all children. The Foundation carefully selects high‐performing early-stage organizations and partners intensely with leadership to support high‐quality growth that leads to impact in the long‐term. The Foundation is led by its board of directors including the co‐founders of the Foundation, who serve as co‐chief executives. The Program Director manages the Foundation’s day‐to‐day activities.
The Hollyhock Foundation is seeking a full‐time Program Manager. The Program Manager will work with the Program team to partner with existing grantees, conduct due diligence, and deepen the Foundation’s knowledge in key areas of interest. The Program Manager’s activities will span a variety of sectors and s/he will serve as a generalist.
- Lead development of the Foundation’s expertise in 1‐2 program areas, developing our point of view and leading the design of our investment strategy in those areas.
- Partner closely with a select set of grantees to support leadership as needed to achieve grant goals.
- Support all aspects of grantmaking as guided by the Program Director and executive board. This includes sourcing new proposals, conducting due diligence, and preparing board material.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in relevant fields (can be inclusive of graduate school). MBA, MPA, or other relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Ability to conduct analyses to assess the leadership, fiscal health and capacity of an organization.
- Experience with financial or quantitative analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and experience.
- Compliance with and sensitivity to confidentiality across all aspects of working in a family office setting.
Compensation is competitive and includes fringe benefits of health insurance, travel reimbursement, flexible scheduling, vacation, family and medical leave.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert