Lead Capacity Builder (Rural Emphasis)
The Foraker Group
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 99508
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The Foraker Group is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our core purpose is to strengthen nonprofits.
Our deep commitment to advancing dedicated, skilled, and compassionate professionals and volunteers to serve Alaska’s nonprofit and tribal organizations is guided by the Foraker Nonprofit Sustainability Model. We know that for vital nonprofits that serve our communities and bolster our economy to succeed, they need to be strong, stable, and ready to innovate and collaborate. Foraker offers Alaska nonprofits and tribes the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to thrive.
The Lead Capacity Builder will play a key role in providing strategic thinking for advancing Foraker’s purpose and values in all areas of our work. This person will be part of a highly skilled team of staff and consultants and will have the opportunity to strengthen Foraker’s ability to work with tribes and Alaska Native led nonprofits. The Lead Capacity Builder travels extensively across the state and provides capacity building training and facilitation for nonprofit organizations, tribes, and collaboratives throughout Alaska using Foraker models, philosophy and process; generate a minimum of 70% of total compensation through fee for service activities after onboarding period.
As a result of the Lead Capacity Builder’s guidance, the nonprofits and tribes we work with will: be capable of designing their way forward, have enhanced organizational effectiveness, foster stronger, more skilled leaders, and increase their ability to grow and evolve.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience in a nonprofit leadership role; past executive director experience preferred; past board service preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of the unique opportunities and challenges in rural Alaska.
- Strong connection to Alaska Native leaders.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – ability to create space for others to learn.
- Strategic thinker and excellent listener with a strong ability to build trust among a wide range of stakeholders and guide people through difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment and to deal effectively under pressure with frequent changes in priorities, delays, or unexpected events.
- Comfort with truth-telling; ability to confront difficult facts with a compassionate approach.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion (including the need to maintain confidentiality).
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Alaska.
- Desire to be part of a team and use a team approach in brainstorming solutions and resolving issues, and conducting the work.
- Strong commitment to a relationship-based approach to work.
- Ability to treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position.
- Ability to act in humility and ask for support.
The salary range is $65,000 - $70,000 DOE, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Foraker Group offers a competitive benefits package.
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing qualifications and vitae/resume to Chellie Skoog at [email protected]
Communications will be treated with confidence and resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Resume reviews begin immediately.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert