The Partnership Director will be responsible for executing StrongMind’s partner replication strategy. The Director will play a critical role at StrongMinds as the organization begins to scale its mental health intervention—increasing the number of depressed people reached from nearly 60,000 to date to hundreds of thousands in the coming years. In this role, s/he will be responsible for identifying strategic NGO (and, in time, public sector) partners, cultivating and developing partnerships, and expanding replication projects across multiple countries. The Partnership Director will report to the Senior Director for Programs who is in the Maplewood NJ office and will be the primary relationship manager for all StrongMinds partners and related business development efforts. S/he will supervise a dedicated team while coordinating work across offices to ensure partner opportunities are successful and funded – and that new partners are retained and grown. S/he will also support partnership tool and system development. This position is perfect for the international development professional looking to expand his or her network and leverage new opportunities in support of a fast-growing, mission-driven global social enterprise.
● Lead organizational efforts and make significant progress on our scaling and replication strategy, establishing aggressive timelines and detailed activity plans.
● Assess opportunities and determine go/no go criteria and decisions in collaboration with colleagues.
● Set ambitious and achievable annual and multi-year replication targets, to include new partners in the pipeline, new agreements signed, and clients/individuals served.
● Develop country partnership and regional partnership strategic plans; work collaboratively to shape and strengthen organizational scaling and replication strategies, to include problem-solving and re-strategizing as needed.
● Identify and document key learnings and draw on experience to refine StrongMinds’ strategies.
Partnership Cultivation & Stewardship
● Research and maintain partnership pipeline and harness networks to make introductions.
● Manage existing partner relationships – to include consistent stewardship and communication, ensuring partners’ needs are met, expectations are aligned, and they see value for their investment.
● Coordinate and support teams across StrongMinds’ offices to manage relationships successfully and play to team strengths and needs.
● Share best practices and learnings; maintain knowledge hub and related communications to partners.
● Coordinate with StrongMinds’ Programs/M & E teams to ensure that organizational metrics reflect partner priorities and investment expectations.
● Represent StrongMinds successfully and deliver StrongMinds’ value proposition/replication offer to a range of audiences.
● Conduct occasional compliance and quality assurance visits to partner sites.
● Support public partner collaboration efforts and initiatives in collaboration with colleagues across StrongMinds offices.
New Systems & Tools
● Update and maintain financial models and develop simplified financial costing summaries to share as part of StrongMinds’ value proposition.
● Support the development of digital tools for partner management/stewardship and reporting, to include coordination of web-based platform development, and improving partner selection and assessment criteria and processes.
● Support development and execution of partner agreements and terms and manage contractual deliverables and reporting in coordination with colleagues.
● Support systemization efforts to codify StrongMinds’ training, supervision, and general partnership strategies.
● Ensure strong and effective co-branding.
● Lead joint funding initiatives and consortia-led proposal development.
● Liaise and cultivate relationships with key donors (USAID, DFID, GAC, and others) to prepare for funding opportunities and leverage donor interests and priorities.
● Advocate with donors for increased funding and resources for mental health programs and collaborations.
● Attend and represent StrongMinds at various conferences and events.
Team Development & Management
● Build and supervise the scaling team to include at least one direct report and numerous additional members across other teams.
● Ensure that StrongMinds is able to execute its scaling and replication vision.
● Collaborate with our teams in the US, Uganda and Zambia and work collaboratively to attain scaled impact.