Program Manager, Research and Evaluation
George W. Bush Presidential Center
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 75205
Country: United States
The George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by developing leaders, advancing policy, and taking action to solve today’s most pressing challenges.
Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Café 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
The Program Manager, Research and Evaluation will be a critical asset to the Bush Institute team by collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information that will help program teams improve their impact. Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Develop and implement data collection plans (using qualitative and quantitative methods) that secure buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Prepare evaluation reports and memos for a variety of audiences, and edit reports for technical precision, accuracy, and editorial correctness.
- Presents findings/results to multiple audiences.
- Develop evaluation techniques and methods as needed.
- Design, update, and maintain current key data sets.
- Manage external evaluation contractors to ensure they are aligned with Bush Institute Research and Evaluation best practices.
- Continuously update information about Research and Evaluation best practices for internal learning.
- Work collaboratively with the Director, Research and Evaluation, and other team members across the Bush Center to support a positive and productive work environment.
- Support special projects and research on Research and Evaluation priorities as needed.
- Complete other tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field; advanced degree in research related field preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in data collection, nonprofit work, consulting, research role; evaluation experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with data software such as SPSS, SAS, Qualtrics, Tableau, Excel, strongly preferred.
- Successful track record in project management, program plan development, goal setting and tracking, effective resource management, and managing for results.
- Effective research and policy analysis skills; knowledge of high-quality research and methodology is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and experience creating reports and presentations.
- Creative problem-solving abilities that generate new ideas and can adjust plans to meet changing needs.
- Possesses self-awareness, an eager to do what is necessary to develop talents, and a willingness to ask for help.
- Ability to work on a small team where no job is too big or too small.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for research and evaluation best practice.
- Demonstrable track record in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to travel as necessary, and some limited travel may be international (5%).
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.
In addition, the ideal candidate for this position will:
- Exemplify a make-it-happen spirit, a collaborative, team-oriented style, and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Be able to multitask and manage numerous activities.
- Provide a proven ability to thrive in a team-based environment—sharing duties, pitching in to help, building trust, engaging in productive conflict, holding one another accountable.
- Demonstrate political savvy and discernment related to confidentiality.
- Have a courteous and professional demeanor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit an online application at our website, www.bushcenter.org. Click on "employment" at the very bottom of the home screen to be redirected to our employment website. Applicants can search for all open positions there and submit an application online.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert