Institutional Giving Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02144
Country: United States
The mission of YouthBuild USA and YouthBuild International is to unleash the intelligence and positive energy of low-income young people to rebuild their communities and their lives. For unemployed young people who left high school without a diploma, YouthBuild is an opportunity to reclaim their educations, gain the skills they need for employment, and become leaders in their communities. At YouthBuild programs in the United States and across the globe, low-income young people learn construction skills through building affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in their neighborhoods and other community assets such as schools, playgrounds, and community centers.
About YouthBuild USA
The mission of YouthBuild USA is to unleash the intelligence and positive energy of low-income young people to rebuild their communities and their lives. Originally founded in 1978, our affiliates engage 16-24 year old Opportunity Youth who are not working or in school with construction skills, high school equivalency preparation and community service. In 1990, YouthBuild USA was established as the headquarters and technical assistance and support center for YouthBuild programs throughout the U.S. and now globally. YouthBuild USA works closely with the US Department of Labor to support programs through funding and technical support, and holds YouthBuild programs accountable to high standards of student achievement through the YouthBuild Affiliated Network.
YouthBuild USA has approximately 70 employees, and an annual budget of $29 million, of which about $10 million represents pass-through funding to YouthBuild programs. John Valverde joined YouthBuild USA as CEO in 2017, succeeding Dorothy Stoneman, who had led the organization since its founding. The organization is executing a new strategic plan that will help guide its activities and priorities for the next five years.
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and organized individual with excellent written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other YouthBuild USA team members.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Institutional Giving Manager will support YouthBuild USA’s fundraising efforts through consistent management of grant applications and reports. The Manager will focus on sharing YouthBuild’s story and impact through grant proposals to existing and prospective funders, including corporate foundations, private and family foundations, and public funders. The Manager will work closely with other members of the Development team, program staff, and finance personnel to effectively apply for and report on grants.
The successful candidate will have at least four years of experience in fundraising and foundation relations, with significant grant writing and grant submission experience. The Manager must be deeply committed to both YouthBuild USA’s mission and the young people served by YouthBuild programs globally.
YouthBuild USA is projected to expand its development function over the next few years; this is an opportunity for someone to have tremendous impact as our program grows. Key responsibilities are described below:
- Manage all aspects of the grant process including research, initial contact, proposal writing, follow-up, and reporting
- Draft proposals, impact reports, LOIs, and concept papers to effectively convey our organizational mission and strategy, tailored to specific funders
- Develop and implement comprehensive institutional fundraising strategies and systems, aligned with short- and long-term department goals
- Gather information and stories from internal Program and Data Services teams, and in coordination with Communications team and local affiliates, to effectively describe programs, narratives, and outcomes; write compelling cases for support and grant applications
- Maintain calendar for grants and reporting; coordinate and project manage major grant application processes and deadlines
- Report on activity: grant application submissions, commitments, projections, distributions, and future reporting requirements; record prospective donor activity and grant cycles using database/CRM
- Oversee communication strategy with portfolio of institutional funders; coordinate with Marketing and Communications team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience
- Excellent organization and written communication skills
- Experience working in fundraising/development or sales; work in education or youth development organizations a plus, but not required
- Computer and Internet proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, and SharePoint experience a plus; strong skills in Excel and web navigation
- Experience with cloud-based CRM/database systems a plus
YouthBuild USA prides itself on having a fun, friendly working environment with competitive nonprofit salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please use this link to apply: https://apply.workable.com/youthbuild-usa/j/11B90AEFA4/
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert