Senior Director of Corporate Giving
Junior Achievement of Washington
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 98109
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Junior Achievement's Purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy
Junior Achievement is a national organization that has invested for over 100 years in “Empowering young people to own their economic success®”. Current programs, taught by volunteers from local businesses, are designed to inspire and equip youth with the tools they need to succeed in a global economy.
Founded in 1953, Junior Achievement of Washington (JAWA) has reached over 2 million students in Washington state and northern Idaho. JAWA has found success focusing on the organization’s three pillars of Career Readiness, Entrepreneurship, and Financial literacy.
The Senior Director of Corporate Giving will join the senior leadership team at an exciting point in its history and will have the unique opportunity to lead JAWA’s corporate fundraising. Under its new President, JAWA is doubling down on its investment locally and has the dynamism of a new startup with the stability of a mature organization. The Senior Director of Corporate Giving will expand and build off of existing strong relationships to increase funds raised that include:
Wells Fargo Avanade Paccar The Seattle Mariners Alaska Airlines
Nordstrom T-Mobile Foundation BECU Boeing
The new Senior Director of Corporate Giving will:
- Design and implement a comprehensive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate partnerships to obtain both programmatic and monetary support
- Work with internal communications team to create and put into effect a strategy to highlight JAWA’s value proposition, increase awareness of its mission, and emphasize its focus on building both soft skills and financial skills
- Uncover new corporate opportunities by engaging and stewarding existing donors and collaboratively devising methods to increase revenue, expand knowledge of JAWA programs, and attract new program participants within their organizations
- Identify, engage, and cultivate new prospective donors to increase the number of corporate relationships, gift sizes, and renewal rates from corporations and foundations
- Engage senior leadership team colleagues and Board members to identify partnership opportunities and strengthen a culture of fundraising throughout the organization
The ideal candidate is passionate about JAWA’S mission. They are a fearless fundraiser who has existing corporate relationships and has the boldness to create new ones. All candidates must bring a minimum of six years of demonstrated success in corporate relations, sales, fundraising, business development, or a related role. Demonstrated success closing gifts or business to business sales of $100,000 or more is required. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, and an advanced degree is preferred.
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$150,000 plus a generous benefits package that includes volunteer days, a flexible work schedule and early release Fridays during the summer.
$120k - 140k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Posted By: Junior Achievement of Washington
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert