Manager, Finance & Operations
Global Impact Investing Network
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 300 members in over 40 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org
The Finance and Operations Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring our financial management and operations run smoothly and effectively, and providing management with accurate, timely and insightful analysis to inform decision-making. The position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Oversees activities and schedules, such as monthly close, to meet financial reporting requirements and deadlines;
- Create and share periodic financial reports and projections to inform planning and resource allocation;
- As required, improve and document finance and internal control policies, systems, and procedures; ensure their efficient implementation, adoption, and enforcement;
- Maintain cash accounts and optimize utilization of banking relationships and corporate credit card accounts;
- Lead the organization’s annual budgeting process;
- Support program staff on budget management, including producing reports on budget variances, communicating status of payments, and unspent funds;
- Manage grant budgets, monitor revenue recognition, prepare funder financial reports, and prepare grant invoices as required;
- Plan and monitor cash flow and international exchange;
- Lead the annual audit and preparation of the Form 990;
- Lead external, donor, or government audits as necessary; and,
- Manage Finance and Operations Associate, external accounting firm, and auditors.
- Liaise with outsourced provider and HR staff to process multi-state payroll;
- Ensure all insurance policies are appropriate and up-to-date;
- Monitor status and ensure timely and accurate filing required for compliance with various governmental agencies;
- Be an active member of the Operations Team, participating in weekly meetings and special projects, and providing back-up support to other team members as needed
- Other Duties as required
The Finance & Operations Manager is a tactical thinker capable of translating financial concepts for a variety of audiences, with strong project management skills, and a track record of managing (and improving) end-to-end operational processes for nonprofits. The ideal candidate is a strong multi-tasker, and can trouble-shoot, efficiently resolve emerging issues, and ensure the highest level of trust and confidentiality, while maintaining a collegial attitude.
- Expert knowledge of nonprofit accounting and government grants management;
- Exceptional judgement, as well as strong business analysis and critical thinking skills;
- Advanced computer skills, with solid knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Fund Accounting systems;
- Self-motivated, with an ability to lead on projects and achieve results;
- Superior human relations skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively at every level of the organization;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience supervising external vendors and direct reports with strong results;
- Detail-orientation with high standards of performance;
- Eight or more years of experience in nonprofit financial and operational management.
The GIIN offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending accounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with generous employer contributions
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability benefits
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous paid-time off benefits (vacation, sick, personal days and holidays), including office closing on the last week of December
- Tuition assistance for professional development purposes
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
All interested parties must email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at [email protected]. State “Manager, Finance and Operations_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your project fee requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert