Associate Program Manager, Workplace Mentoring Program
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
City: New York
Postal code: 10006
State: New York
Country: United States
To build and support mentoring relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth.
As the nation's first and NYC's largest youth mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is recognized for our high standards and effective delivery of life changing programs. With the vision that all youth achieve their full potential, we have provided safe and impactful mentoring experiences to NYC youth since 1904.
The Workplace Mentoring Program matches volunteer employees from partner corporations around NYC with high school students in one-to-one mentoring relationships through structured program activities, facilitated on-site by BBBS of NYC Program Managers. The Associate Program Manager will use his or her strong case management skills to cultivate lasting relationships between our corporate sponsors and the partner schools we work with.
- Manage site based one-to-one mentoring programs at multiple corporate locations.
- Conduct and assess client psychosocial interviews, conduct and record clinical assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating schools to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
- Conduct ongoing direct communication with School Coordinators and Principals to provide accurate agency and program info.
- Work with corporations and schools to develop individualized program and plan
- Facilitate all program functions and group activities based on designed curriculum.
- Conduct outreach to volunteers, including site community presentations and partnerships with local businesses and colleges.
- Facilitate orientations for potential volunteers, youth participants, and their parents/guardians.
- Match youth with adult volunteers in one to one mentoring relationships.
- On-site supervision of matches on program days; provide support and additional training to volunteers.
- Monitor closely for clinical and safety issues that may arise. Intervene and engage parents, provide referrals to appropriate external community resources.
- Maintain professional records of all supervision contacts.
- Coordinate and participate in conferences with school personnel for individual youth as needed
- Participate in interdepartmental events and teams
- Other agency and program related duties as assigned
- MSW, preferred; Bachelor’s degree in human services, education, sociology, psychology, criminal justice or related field
- Excellent public speaking and group facilitation skills, required
- Prior work and/or internships with programming for youth, preferred
- Strong interviewing, assessment, outreach, advocacy skills
- Excellent program management skills
- Strong computer skills
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s career center; shorturl.at/glx67
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert