Director, Workplace Mentoring Program
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 10006
State: New York
Country: United States
To build and support mentoring relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth.
As the nation's first and NYC's largest youth mentoring agency, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is recognized for our high standards and effective delivery of life changing programs. With the vision that all youth achieve their full potential, we have provided safe and impactful mentoring experiences to NYC youth since 1904.
- Supervision, training and evaluation of 2 Associate Directors
- Conduct interviewing, hiring, training and staff evaluations
- Support direct reports as a leader and thought partner with match and case load challenges, problem solving and work strategy to enhance overall productivity of the employee and department
- Monitor and manage the effective implementation of program goals and objectives
- Work collaboratively with Director and CCO to help retain and expand list of corporate partners
- Represent agency at community events, conferences and corporate partner programs
- Approval and authorization on in-take volunteer and (youth) client assessments
- Participate on the WMP management team in overall department planning and review conducting systems analysis for efficiency and support for the team
- Work interdepartmentally to support agency goals
- Update department forms, structure and procedure to respond to changing needs of the department and agency.
- Support department administrative assistant and Chief Corporate Officer with grant reporting and data collections.
- Co-facilitate weekly staff meetings and staff program planning days.
- Handle administrative duties of program staff: timesheets and time off requests.
- Other agency and department related duties as assigned
SUPERVISE: 2 Associate Directors
- Education: Master of Social Work and/or psychology preferred and/or undergraduate degrees in human services, education, sociology, psychology, criminal justice or similar.
- Experience: Prior work and/or internships with youth preferred.
- Skills: Interviewing, assessment, outreach, advocacy, organizational skills, strong written and verbal skills, program management and computer knowledge. Excellent public speaking skills and group facilitation skills are required.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC’s career center; https://bit.ly/31A6RnK
Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
No search firms please.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert