Associate General Counsel
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the part-time Associate General Counsel will perform various legal assignments. This position will require a commitment of approximately 20 to 30 hours per week.
- Provide support on a variety of legal matters, including employment law, board governance, contracts and compliance
- Assist with internal investigations and document management
- Coordinate with KIPP Foundation teams on a variety of legal matters, including responding to legal inquiries and reviewing documents for legal form and to mitigate risk
- Drive the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes, and document management
- Assist with drafting policies, presentations, reports, and correspondence
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management
- Adaptiveness, Flexibility
- Planning & Executing
- Juris Doctorate, current state bar membership, and at least four years of experience as a law firm associate or in-house counsel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment with the handling of highly sensitive and confidential information
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated passion for and a commitment to the KIPP Foundation mission for high quality public education and the character traits we value: zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. KIPP also offers a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please click on this link.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert