1. Overseeing LISC’s efforts to expand its geographic footprint across the country, with a particular focus on the South and Southeast. Currently, LISC is launching its presence in the following cities in the South – Greenville/Upstate, SC; Hampton Roads, VA; Memphis, TN, Louisville, KY.; and Dallas, TX.
• Oversee market analyses and craft an implementation plan for the launch of these new LISC offices.
• Recruit and manage a staff to carry out LISC’s strategy and operate its programs.
• Recruit and orient a diverse, skilled and broadly representative local leadership advisory committee (LAC).
• Develop, lead, and maintain a shared community development agenda through dialogue with local government, state agencies, other private and quasi-public financial institutions and intermediaries, advocacy groups, and community based organizations, and the use of data to inform decision making.
• Develop and implement an impact investing strategy to use LISC’s financial resources to catalyze a pipeline of affordable housing, economic development, small business and other real estate projects and catalytic programs.
• Assist in engaging a wide variety of community partners to determine holistic and integrated programs that will serve targeted neighborhoods in these cities.
• Cultivate leadership and raise resources from key corporate, foundation and other prospective donor sectors who share an interest in community development.
• Advocate on behalf of LISC and the policy networks at the local, state and federal levels to secure the tools necessary to advance a comprehensive community development strategy.
• Craft and carry out an effective communication strategy to increase awareness of the impact of LISC.
2. Managing portfolio of LISC offices – Greater Washington DC; Richmond, VA; Atlanta, GA; and Charlotte, NC
• Supervise the strategic direction and guidance for all aspects of LISC’s local program activity.
• Supervise Executive Director and support the hiring of competent and entrepreneurial staff to carry out LISC’s strategy and operate its programs.
• Establish priorities that align with a strategic plan and manage multiple agendas and programs effectively.
• Support local LISC site to develop a pipeline of community development investments and new programs.
• Monitor and support fundraising efforts to ensure diverse resource generation.
• Engage with local advisory committee (LAC) members as key champions of the local markets.
• Ensure goals and milestones are met.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at the highest levels of local and state government, as well as in the corporate and foundation sectors.
3. Being the conduit between National LISC and local LISC staff
• Participate in national LISC leadership structure and meetings.
• Bring visibility to local innovations and programs within the national LISC structure.
• Maximize the use of National LISC resources and expertise in New York City.