The Partnership for After School Education (PASE) is a child-focused organization that promotes and supports quality afterschool programs, particularly those serving young people from underserved communities. We do so by working with the adults in children’s lives, ensuring they are prepared, trained, and capable of providing high-quality services.
For 25 years, PASE has helped the dedicated individuals who work in afterschool programs gain and develop the skills they need to provide high-quality, content-rich programmatic experiences to youth in out-of-school time, building a stronger and more resilient afterschool field. As a network leader, PASE collaborates with hundreds of community-based organizations, corporate partners, and higher education, governmental, and philanthropic institutions. Through these partnerships, PASE is able to provide the more than 1,600 community-based organizations in our network with the support they need to provide the 500,000 young people in New York City’s afterschool programs with the opportunities they deserve.
Afterschool transforms young people’s lives. PASE transforms afterschool. Consider joining a team committed to building brighter future for the young people of New York City.
PASE seeks to hire a full-time Chief Program Officer (CPO) to develop a vision for and oversee our Programs Department, serving as a visionary yet hands-on leader within our collaborative, nimble organization. In collaboration with the CEO and Board of Directors, the CPO will develop and implement a strategic plan for PASE’s programmatic initiatives, which include building the capacity of afterschool professionals and organizations broadly and through strategic initiatives (e.g., STEM, global learning). The CPO will liaise with our network of partners across New York City and represent PASE at local and, occasionally, national events, serving as a thought leader in the afterschool and youth development field.
PASE provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, generous vacation and sick time, 10 paid holidays, opportunities for professional development, and a 403(b) savings plan.
● Collaboratively develop PASE’s programmatic strategy and measure progress against goals, continuously analyzing data and implementing course corrections as needed to ensure success
● Oversee large scale annual events, including a conference and college fair
● Supervise, coach, and mentor both senior and junior staff on the Programs team, including 2-4 direct reports, cultivating a high-performing team culture
● Serve as primary point of contact and support for the Programs Committee of the Board of Directors
● Represent and speak on behalf of PASE at meetings and conferences
● Cultivate and maintain a diverse, high-quality pool of consultants who deliver trainings and services on behalf of PASE
● With Program staff, develop and test strategies to expand fee-for-service professional development and other revenue-generating programs
● Monitor departmental budget and liaise with fiscal team to ensure proper tracking of income and expenses
● Support fundraising efforts, as needed, through participation in funder meetings, contributing to grant proposals and reports, and arranging occasional program visits
● Apply an equity and inclusion lens to all PASE work, identifying and filling gaps in our own capacity as needed
● Stay in tune with emerging research, thought leaders, and key resources in the afterschool and youth development field to ensure PASE’s work reflects up-to-date data and practices
● Serve on the PASE leadership team, supporting a positive team culture and contributing to key decisions across the organization
● Other duties as assigned
PASE is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and lifting up the leadership of people from communities historically underrepresented.