The HOW Institute for Society
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: New York
Postal code: 10151
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The HOW Institute for Society is seeking a Program Manager to come join our growing team. The ideal candidate will find deep resonance with the HOW philosophy and will be committed to our mission of building and nurturing a culture of moral leadership, principled decision-making and values-based behavior that enables individuals and institutions to meet the profound social, economic, and technological changes of the 21st Century to elevate humanity.
Working within and across all sectors, HOW-IS undertakes and participates in a variety of educational, research and convening activities to collectively strengthen and scale norms, practices and behaviors so that truth, trust and shared responsibility guide our actions and interactions.
We are on a journey to create a world where capitalism is dynamic, communities and society are healthy, and democracy is vibrant – a world where HOW we do anything means everything.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager to most immediately manage our flagship program, the NXT-GEN Fellowship for Moral Leadership, with an eye on iterative design of the Fellowship for another run of the program in Fall 2020. In addition, the Project Manager will assume responsibilities over at least two additional programs in the near future.
The ideal candidate can, under minimal supervision, assume control of critical relationships with participating organizations in the Institute’s programs, manage event planning and associated logistical details, track program expenses and budget, coordinate with staff, and overall, work to bring the NXT-GEN program through to fruition. In the longer term, the Program Manager will provide similar leadership, guidance, and support to three other nascent programs – Moral Leadership Report (December 2019), HOW Class (ongoing), and the HOW Summit (February 2020).
This role requires time flexibility – including occasional after-hours work and weekends, the ability to work within an entrepreneurial environment, with some colleagues who may be working remotely, and comfort with the rapid growth and change of an emerging organization.
Most importantly, successful candidates must be able to immediately step into a client-facing role and deliver a quality, seamless program that ensures satisfaction among our partner clients, and sets the Institute up well for future partnerships.
To read more about the NXT-GEN Fellowship, please visit: The HOW Institute for Society’s NXT-GEN Fellowshipwebpage.
- Work with counterparts at organizations that are participating in the NXT-GEN Fellowship (senior managers and executives) to keep them apprised of program development (in lead up to December launch) and fellows’ progress (during program run between January – March 2020)
- Coordinate C-Suite level participation in the program – specifically, the Immersion Kickoff Retreat in January, and Elevate Graduation event in March, 2020
- Work to secure existing partners’ continued participation in the program, in addition to identifying opportunities for growth
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative partnerships with strategic partner companies, namely program participants and funders
Program Development and Evaluation
- Develop a partner recruitment, outreach, and retention strategy for future iterations of the NXT-GEN Fellowship, with a goal of increasing program participation to 100 fellows in the September 2020 class
- Work with Curriculum Co-Designers and Facilitators to further develop a HOW-centric, proprietary curriculum through multi-media, digital tools, and innovative e-learning products
- Work with Institute leadership and staff to adapt learnings and innovations in each program area to inform and bolster others, and help guide the Institute’s growth strategy
- Work closely with leadership and HOW team to design, build, and replicate a global NXT-GEN program, with a goal of September 2020 launch
- Define and build out metrics that help demonstrate the impact of moral leadership and the HOW philosophy.
- Manage multiple project budgets, and feed up-to-date financial information to appropriate staff, including accountant and bookkeeper
- Document and standardize internal workflows, processes, and tools to ensure effective, scalable, and efficient program implementation
- Track lessons learned and provide recommendations for future program iterations
- Coordinate communications between and among staff to ensure general awareness and priority updates are known
Event Planning and Logistics Coordination
- Manage 3rd-party provider working on venue selection, event production, international travel coordination, and program registration
- For in-person events (Immersion Kickoff and Elevate Graduation), conduct site-visits to determine best space, prepare menus and select caterers, coordinate travel for guests, and build and manage a database of Fellow’s contact and demographic information
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
- Minimum 8 years related work experience, ideally within a start-up organization, social enterprise, or nonprofit organization
- Ability to be creative and flexible in order to meet deadlines while working with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Experience setting and tracking relevant KPIs (e.g. customer satisfaction, impact)
- Experience working with partners across the government, nonprofit, and business sectors
- Excellent project management skills and experience with complex programs, including strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with prior experience interacting with executives and senior decisionmakers a plus
- Customer-oriented mindset, with a proven aptitude for fostering positive relationships
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please use Subject Line: "LAST NAME, PROGRAM MNGR"
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert