Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Science/Technology
City: Los Angeles
Postal code: 90001
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
We build technology to defend children from sexual abuse.
Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you are able to bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be a great fit for our team.
Earlier this year, our CEO, Julie Cordua, took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
Day to day, we strive to balance hard work with care for ourselves and each other so that we have the resiliency we need to keep fighting. We are a remote-first organization, offering flexible work schedules and recognized by Fast Company as one of the best workplaces for innovators.
About the Role:
As the Executive Assistant at Thorn, you will work directly for the CEO, and be responsible for the smooth management of the CEO’s schedule, travel, internal/external communications and strategic deadlines.
A successful person in this role will anticipate needs, be highly organized, a strong communicator, and the calm in a storm. Your role will be to keep the CEO’s world running smoothly for internal and external stakeholders to enable the CEO to focus on critical decisions and opportunities to drive the business forward. You will adapt quickly to new circumstances and bring an open-minded, resourceful approach to challenges.
We have a passionate team dedicated to doing everything we can to eliminate child sexual abuse from the internet. This is a unique role on that team. It is perfect for someone who is proactive, a strong executor, and a true confidante for executive leaders.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the CEO’s schedule. Continue to streamline the scheduling process for efficiency.
- Manage all travel including booking flights and hotels and managing registration at events or meeting confirmations.
- Manage the CEO’s written correspondence as needed - including corresponding with critical internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the CEO’s review of communications – speeches, quotes, social media posts, op-eds, etc.
- Coordinate, as directed, different projects of the Senior Management Team, and work closely with senior managers to ensure communication, deadline management, and resource flow.
- Participate in weekly senior leadership sessions and board meetings to stay apprised of strategies and projects and to spearhead follow up as needed.
- Request, prepare and draft briefing materials for critical internal and external meetings.
- Manage the Board of Directors’ meetings and communications process with the CEO including managing the schedule of meetings, producing meetings, and coordinating the production of updates with internal stakeholders.
- Manage the CEO’s contribution to key internal systems including Ally and Salesforce.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills We're Seeking:
- 8+ years of experience in a related position that demonstrated the required skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential issues.
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Excellent communication, strong writing, analytical and creative skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated comfort and aptitude with web-based applications including Google Docs, Slack, Zoom, Salesforce and more.
- Experience working remotely or comfortable working with a distributed team.
- Ability to travel (20%)
- Commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do
Fully funded healthcare, for you and your dependents.
Flexible vacation policy, standard holidays and three weeks off as a company, one for Thanksgiving, two between Christmas and the first week of the new year.
Flexible work schedules and locations
Paid parental leave
Monthly team and individual wellness
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply via this link: https://grnh.se/e44495dd2
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert