Chief Program Officer
UMOM New Day Centers
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Housing/Shelter
Postal code: 85008
Country: United States
Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness with innovative strategies and housing solutions that meet the unique needs of each family and individual.
About UMOM New Day Centers:
Founded in 1964, UMOM is Arizona’s largest provider of services for families experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to prevent and end homelessness using innovative strategies and housing solutions that meet the unique needs of each family and individual. With an annual operating budget of 22 million dollars, UMOM provides shelter, housing, and supportive services to youth, families, and individuals experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County. UMOM serves just over 12,000 unique individuals across all our services annually, including those families receiving support at the Family Housing Hub.
Position Description: Serving as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), The Chief Program Officer (CPO) provides high level leadership, strategic insight, and program-focused support in UMOM’s goal of preventing and ending homelessness for the most vulnerable individuals, youth, and families in Arizona. The CPO is responsible for the successful implementation of UMOM’s programs and services, with an emphasis on permanent housing and sustainable income for all clients to ensure that homelessness be rare, brief, and non-recurring. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Director bench of Shelter, Housing, and Youth Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- In coordination with the CEO, ELT, and UMOM’s Board of Directors (BOD), play a critical role in the overall development, management, and implementation of service delivery for the entire organization.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performing senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, planning, and program budgeting.
- Prepare and submit annual operating budgets to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) for review and approval, manage effectively within this budget, and effectively communicate areas of concern.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Represent UMOM at fundraising events, sit on relevant committees, and participate in speaking engagements and trainings as necessary.
Program Oversight & Evaluation
- Strategically plan for continuous improvement of client-centered and strengths-based shelter, housing, and supportive service programs for families, individuals, and youth. Provide vision, direction, and oversight to all UMOM’s programs and direct services offered to clients.
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Advise on the creation, implementation, and evaluation of all program models to ensure that UMOM is delivering the highest level of impact as possible in our community.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services.
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and implement corrective measures if required.
- Monitor and revise programmatic policies and procedures. Ensure written forms, policies, and procedures are accurate based on current practice and reflect program models.
Qualification and Competency Requirements:
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with at least 5 years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. high-level leadership in programs, operations and/or administration within community-based organizations)
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree required—Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of non-profit/social sector; experience working with underserved or disadvantaged populations is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in design, implementation, and evaluation of a department level vision, strategic plan, and/or theory of change. This should include successful change management at a department and/or multi-department level.
- Ability to develop strong relationships within a fast-paced, collaborative setting that values diverse opinions; enthusiasm for helping drive change as UMOM becomes a more data-driven organization.
- High proficiency in effective writing and communication.
Data-Driven Evaluation, Reporting, and Monitoring:
- Demonstrated success in performance management projects including experience supervising staff, project budgeting and planning, and managing implementation of system changes.
- Experience in design and modification of program logic models / theory of change models or similar documentation.
- Knowledge of program evaluation concepts and applications; experience and/or leadership in conducting developmental, formative and summative evaluations. Understanding of and experience with organizational learning and change
- Strong technical skills in quantitative analysis with the ability to balance highly detailed information with a bigger-picture view of how it relates to larger organizational goals or issues.
- Ability to translate complex data for stakeholders who have differing levels of familiarity with data
- Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Valid AZ driver’s license and a driving record that falls within UMOM’s policy.
- 50/100 level of car insurance coverage (mileage reimbursement available)
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Ability to exercise excellent independent judgment and ownership of decisions.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player.
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written).
- Willingness to learn and implement best practices in the field
- Willingness to embrace and actively support UMOM’s core values.
Start accruing PTO on your first day
11 paid holidays
Generous benefits package includes medical, telemedicine service, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401(k) retirement plan, short term disability and health savings accounts
$100k - 120k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply on line: https://umom.isolvedhire.com/jobs/101061-26702.html or visit our website at umom.org
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert