Chief Financial Officer
Community First Fund
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
Postal code: 17602
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Community First Fund creates sustainable prosperity for low wealth communities and individuals, especially Persons of Color and women, by aligning capital, knowledge and advocacy to advance business ownership, housing and community development.
Community First Fund is seeking and experienced and forward-looking finance professional to lead the financial planning activities of this growing commercial real estate and small business lending Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). The position offers a great opportunity for an experienced executive to make an impact on entrepreneurs and communities throughout SE Pennsylvania.
Since its inception in 1992 as a local organization serving businesses in Lancaster, Community First has grown from a single office with 4 employees to a staff of more than 35 working in offices in Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Reading, Allentown and Philadelphia, with assets of $150 Million under management and plans to move toward $300 Million.
The CFO is responsible for the strategic positioning of the finances,liquidity, information management, investments and available capital. The CFO will be expected to lead financial analysis and reporting, planning and budgeting, long range forecasting, analysis related to new program development, financial accounting systems and procedures, grant and investor compliance and corporate compliance, program productivity metrics, and asset and liability and interest rate risk management for Community First Fund.
The CFO will oversee funds management plans, capitalization plans, liquidity management, financial and portfolio risk management plans, performance metrics for all lines of business (such as break-even and desktop analyses) and ongoing assessment of business lines for profitability, participation models and projection models. This includes leveraging alternative forms of capital including the CDFI Bond Fund and borrowing from the Federal Home Loan Bank and investor financial institutions, access in the secondary market for loan sales, and increased competency in managing loan participation.
The CFO is required to maintain a strong relationship with senior management and other department managers to optimize cross-functional efficiencies and communication, and is required to maintain a relationship with the Community First Fund Board Treasurer to facilitate timely and accurate communication regarding the financial position of the organization.
The CFO reports to the President and CEO.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills and the capacity to integrate diverse objectives with a high level of attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive one on one as well as in a group setting
- MBA degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field such as financial management, small business management, business administration or economics
- Strong understanding of the principles of accounting, finance and financial analysis required
- Minimum of ten years work experience in increasingly responsible positions in financial management, accounting and general management
- Experience with capital raising, working with investors and funders
- Computer proficiency in word processing, data base and spreadsheet programs, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Willingness and ability to travel within the service area to conduct site visits and visit borrowers
- Ability to work effectively with cooperatives, community-based organizations, banks, public sector organizations, and individuals from a variety of economic and cultural circumstances
- Motivated individual with a high level of initiative
- Ability to work effectively with racially and socially diverse individuals
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, email your resume, a cover letter that explains how your skills align with the requirements above, and salary requirements to our search consultant, David Erickson-Pearson: [email protected] (email applications are required). For other inquiries, contact David Erickson-Pearson at [email protected]
Posted By: Erickson-Pearson Search
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert