The Park Avenue Armory
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
City: New York
Postal code: 10065
State: New York
Country: United States
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory is dedicated to supporting unconventional works in the visual and performing arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization, enabling artists to create, students to experience, and audiences to consume epic and adventurous presentations that cannot be mounted elsewhere in New York City. Since 2007, the Armory has opened its doors to visionary artists, directors, and impresarios who provided extraordinary experiences in a range of art forms. Such was its impact that in December 2011, The New York Times noted, “Park Avenue Armory…has arrived as the most important new cultural institution in New York City.”
Director of Facilities is responsible to lead, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the facility, including maintenance, custodial, building operations, and capital project management.
· Manage maintenance and cleaning of buildings and grounds including exterior sidewalk and gardens;
· Manage and oversee departmental budget;
· Manage administration of Facilities Department and support of staff, including office management functions, purchasing, IT and telecom maintenance;
· Manage entire engineering, operation and mechanical staff including BMS Control systems, chiller plant, steam station and hot water systems, elevators and annual maintenance contracts;
· Oversee maintenance, testing and service of the fire alarm system in conjunction with the Director of Security;
· Assist and coordinate with the Capital Department on infrastructure construction projects;
· Work to develop preventive maintenance and energy management programs for all infrastructures as new systems are brought on line;
· Assist and coordinate with Production Department on building theatrical systems and distribution as well as provide staff support for productions and rental;
· Manage special projects as needed.
· Ten plus years in Facilities Management is required, with at least five years in a senior management position in a demanding real estate environment, preferably arts related.
· Must have a proven history and progression of supervisory experience and leadership, indicating knowledge of practices of management, supervision, and training. Must be highly computer literate; knowledge of BMS computer environment is desirable. .
· Knowledge of fire safety, security operations, safety regulations and codes and safe work practices is required.
· Must have working knowledge of construction, building infrastructure, engineering and ability to read technical drawings and specifications for pre and post construction as well as theater planning.
· Must have familiarity with codes and ordinances affecting construction and repair, especially in historic facilities.
· Must have sensitivity to preserving and protecting landmark structures.
· Bachelor’s degree in management or a technical field preferred
· Spanish language proficiency a plus
· FSD certification a plus
Medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, STD, 401K with match, Transit, FSA, paid leave
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to [email protected] with “Facilities Director” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates from underrepresented communities.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert