Part Time Development Director
A unique and exciting opportunity for the person seeking to make a
difference in the life of Providence, Rhode Island’s families and children.
An Innovative Approach: Providence Promise’s unique, multi-pronged structure is designed to holistically address the challenges faced by Providence students in their pursuit of higher education.
● Early Enrollment: parents/guardians enroll their children by the time they enter the Public School system, except through 2019 when children from birth to grade nine are eligible.
● College Savings: upon enrollment, families open a 529 College Savings Account for each child and contribute an average of 1% of their gross annual household income into each child’s account for a period of up to 15 years. Providence Promise provides an initial contribution of $100 to each child’s account, and also provides opportunities for families and children to earn additional incentives to build their college savings by achieving certain goals.
● Family Engagement: Providence Promise facilitates ongoing family engagement and financial literacy through school-based events, workshops, college visits, referrals to college access programs, and more. The family engagement program also includes a dedicated Parent Council comprised of parent leaders who inform program changes and future workshop topics, and help to plan events.
● Reducing the Financial Burden: Providence Promise will work with each student and their family to identify the higher education choices that best fit the needs and goals of each child and to assure that all accessible financial aid is secured, including funds that may be raised by Providence Promise.
A Community-Wide Partnership: The City of Providence, including the Mayor’s Office and the City Council, the Providence Public School Department, and a host of other local individuals, businesses, higher education programs, and institutions are key to the outreach and enrollment efforts of Providence Promise, and to providing additional support services to Providence Promise families.
The Part Time Development Director will:
· Work with Board Chairman and the Development Board Member/Founder in achieving Providence Promise’s fundraising goals;
· Help design a long term strategic plan for individual, corporate, institutional, and foundation fund raising;
· Plan and execute a coherent and creative ongoing fund raising campaign employing direct mail, social media, electronic communication, telephone and face to face meetings;
· Write and prepare proposals, grants, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support fundraising activities;
· Develop and maintain trusted relationships with donors and partners;
· Establish the goals, strategies, and systems required to meet a current development goal of $200,000 for this fiscal year; and
· Work collaboratively with other staff and Board members.