Institutional Giving Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
Postal code: 94607
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Civicorps’ mission is to re-engage young adults, age 18-26, to earn their high school diplomas, gain job skills, pursue college, and embark on family sustaining careers.
The Institutional Giving Manager will be part of a dynamic Development & Communications team and will help Civicorps grow its programs by writing foundation and corporate LOIs, grant proposals and reports, as well as government grant proposals. In addition, they will conduct funder research, create budgets and expenditure reports, and conduct all acknowledgements and grant tracking. They will also interviews students and assist with communications writing.
Under the supervision of Civicorps' Director of Development & Communications, the Institutional Giving Manager has three major responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Grants Management (70%):
• Writes Foundation LOIs, grant proposals and reports.
• Writes government grant proposals (city, county, state, and sometimes federal).
• Creates budgets for proposals and conducts fund allocation for reports.
• Cultivates and stewards program officer relationships in partnership with Director of Development and the Executive Director.
• Represents Civicorps at RFP meetings, site visits, and other meetings with funders.
• Facilitates site visits with funders.
• Conducts targeted research to identify new institutional funders and help grow the existing portfolio of funders.
• Manages grant tracking in Salesforce and in Excel trackers.
• Acknowledges institutional donations, including thank you letters, grant agreements, and other needed documents.
Corporate Donations (20%)
• Conducts targeted research to identify new corporate prospects and provide cultivation and stewardship.
• Writes corporate grant proposals and reports.
• Facilitates site visits with corporate partners.
• Creates and implements a Corporate Sponsorship plan for Civicorps events, including creating all needed materials, soliciting corporations, and providing marketing opportunities to the corporations.
Communications Writing (10%)
• Interviews students and writes some blog posts, e-blasts, annual report stories, website content, and other communication writing.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 - 5 years non-profit fundraising experience required
• Has a commitment to serving the resilient young adults of the East Bay and creating opportunities for their educational and career success
• Must have been the lead writer on a successful foundation grant proposal of $50,000+ and can provide writing sample
• Government grant writing experience preferred, not required
• Ability to work independently and strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting, and workload prioritization
• Ability to meet deadlines, be detail-oriented, and plan ahead
• Ability to form collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Creative writer - ability to craft compelling themes and messages
• Positive and creative - willing to take risks to try innovative new ideas
• Experience with Salesforce, preferred not required
• Experience with HTML or other browser-based Web content management system (such as WordPress), preferred not required
• Ability to speak in front of diverse audiences
• Ability to work in harmony in a diverse community-based organization
• Reference checks will be conducted. Employment is also contingent upon receipt of acceptable references.
• Ability to pass state and federal criminal background checks and a TB test
Civicorps offers a competitive employee benefits package including:
• Health Plan Options, including mental health care
• Dental and Vision
• Employer Paid Long Term Disability
• Life, Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance
• Health and Wellness Activities
• Paid Time Off, with additional paid winter leave
• 403(b) and ROTH retirement plans with generous company match
• Flexible Spending Account for Health/Child Care
• Professional Development
• Free Parking (close to BART and Jack London Square)
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
HIRING PROCESS: Please provide a cover letter, resume or CV via e-mail only. Application materials that do not reference this specific position will not be considered. No Phone Calls Please.
For More Information and to view the full Job Description:
Visit the Civicorps website: http://www.cvcorps.org/about-civicorps/job-opportunities/
Civicorps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, or any other unlawful consideration.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert