Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
Postal code: 30361
Country: United States
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequality. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities.
The Director, Communications (Director) is a member of the Communications team, which is based in Schusterman’s Atlanta, Georgia, and Washington, DC, offices. The Director will manage a robust communications strategy that aims to advance Schusterman’s grantmaking and program agendas. The Director will have the opportunity to exercise strategic, creative and operational leadership as part of a communications team responsible for a range of strategies and tactics, including brand management, content creation, digital engagement, media relations and more. This role is focused on developing and supporting initiatives to advance narrative change and share the work and impact of Schusterman through the lens of its grantees and programs.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
· At least 10+ years of relevant professional experience in media, public relations, communications and/or marketing required.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Experience working on narrative change and developing effective messaging required.
· Knowledge of best practice and trends in communications required.
· Experience developing and executing multi-channel communications strategies required.
· High degree of knowledge and familiarity within philanthropy and/or nonprofit sectors preferred
· Experience managing teams and complex projects required.
· Demonstrated ability to distill complex issues and language for diverse audiences and platforms required.
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
· Ability to develop and nurture strong media relationships required.
· Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion required.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, grantees, program participants and the general public required.
· Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public required.
· PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of general web skills required. Familiarity with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud is a plus.
· Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
Competitive salary based on experience and on Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should visit https://grnh.se/8c2500532 to submit an Application.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert