· Develop and frame grantmaking and related strategies to advance Schusterman’s agenda in the area of criminal justice.
· Create and manage a grant portfolio and grant relationships with relevant organizations and initiatives, including:
o Solicit, review and analyze grant applications to build strategic program and ensure compliance with Schusterman policies and standards.
o Oversee preparation of grant agreements, including grant outcomes, report requirements and methods of evaluation, as well as ensure grants are tracked and monitored.
o Coordinate complementary grant programs and approach to narrative and communications, designed to enhance impact and delivery of services and support.
· Support our co-sponsorship of the Justice and Mobility Fund managed by Blue Meridian Partners
· Initiate and oversee relevant research and evaluation efforts to ensure ongoing learning and effectiveness.
· Represent and support Schusterman in funding collaboratives, partnerships, and convenings to advance its criminal justice program.
· Forge philanthropic partnerships and facilitate working relationships among funders and foundations, as well as with key leaders and stakeholders in the field.
· Track and report on Schusterman’s criminal justice portfolio, program and grant budgets.
· Uphold and promote the mission and values of Schusterman.
QUALIFICATIONS The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
· An advanced degree in public policy, criminal justice, law or a related field is preferred.
· At least 10 years relevant working experience is required, preferably including senior level and practical experience with the US criminal justice system.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, grantees, partners, and the general public required.
· Demonstrated expertise in the criminal justice field required.
· Strategic and leadership skills, including the ability to design and implement a strategic plan required.
· Strong track record in building and managing complex partnerships, portfolios and programs required.
· Proven ability to successfully manage professionals, portfolios and programs required.
· Possess a sophisticated knowledge of political and ideological currents in the field, and a clear capacity to navigate them diplomatically and skillfully required.
· Demonstrated and compelling presentation skills required
· Analytic and research abilities necessary to plan grant programs and activities, collect and evaluate data, and identify opportunities to utilize Schusterman resources effectively required.
· Excellent judgment, an ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public required.
· A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion required.
· PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines and equipment; and (c) basic web skills and comfort required. Knowledge of Fluxx preferred. Ability to travel up to 30%, with occasional international, required.