Family Bridges, Inc.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 94612
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Family Bridges, Inc. is a multi-service health and human services non-profit organization that has been serving the Asian American Pacific Islander community in the East Bay for over 50 years. We serve approximately 10,000 clients a year– principally monolingual and LEP speaking, moderate-to-low income East Bay residents. Our programs include: Community-Based Adult Services Centers, Senior Centers, a Friendly Visitors program, a Social Services program, a Child Care Center and a Community Health Home.
Family Bridges (www.familybridges.org) empowers the most vulnerable – the young, the elderly, immigrants, those with health conditions, and those with limited English proficiency (LEP), especially in the Asian community– to lead self-sufficient, independent lives. Our services are open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and walks of life. And because we specialize in aiding the Asian American Pacific Islander community, most Family Bridges staff members and volunteers have bilingual language capacity in Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, or Vietnamese.
Family Bridges has a staff of 160 and a budget of over nine million dollars. The current CEO is retiring after almost 30 years of expanding and deepening the services and impact of Family Bridges, so it is a well-known and respected organization.
Family Bridges is looking for a dynamic and seasoned leader who can help usher the organization through its next phase of evolution continuing the momentum of growth and innovation. Reporting to a diverse and seasoned board of directors the CEO will oversee the strategic direction and growth of the organization. Strong business acumen and aptitude for innovation will be essential in partnering with the board to develop and drive strategies which serve community needs and diversify the organization’s revenue stream.
The CEO will manage an experienced and tenured senior leadership team. The new CEO will be someone who has unquestioned integrity; a long-term perspective; a strong sense of accountability; a practical ability to get things done; wisdom and good judgment; a fair and thoughtful approach to management, combined with the flexibility and courage to shift direction and experiment with new initiatives; excellent verbal and written communication skills; a high energy level and sense of humor. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of our community, the East Bay Area and adhere to our core competencies and cultural sensitivity, with a focus on what Family Bridges does well.
Start Date: Consideration of candidates will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated interview dates are between January 20 through February 15, 2020.
The major responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to developing, driving and leading organizational strategies and activities to achieve community impact and resource development to expand programs to more community members. In addition, the CEO is responsible for overall strategic and organization management and collaboration and retention of long-term devoted, collaborative staff.
- The CEO is the leader of the organization, establishing a vision for community impact that is achieved through the efforts of a diverse team of high-performing leaders, staff and volunteers alike.
- The CEO is the Chief Mobilizer leveraging the power of relationships and networks, and works across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community.
- The CEO possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization.
- The CEO is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good- creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact.
- The CEO is the steward of the organization’s brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation of Family Bridges, Inc.
- The CEO is responsible for building trust in Family Bridges, Inc. and its relevance in the community.
- The CEO values network and strives to leverage Family Bridge’s breadth of community presence, relationships and strategy.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a Senior Strategic Leadership required.
- Successful substantial experience working in the nonprofit sector and interacting with volunteers and diverse boards.
- Has effectively worked in or across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public and corporate environments.
- Success in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Experience in effectively developing partnerships, building teams and successful conflict management.
- Established leadership experience in the Asian American Pacific Islander Community.
- Proven expertise in providing services to monolingual/Asian immigrants, seniors, children, individuals with challenging needs;
- A track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
- Demonstrated understanding of Medicaid/MediCal policies and experience in managed care with advocacy for beneficiaries.
- Experience or employment in Community and Public Health and/or managed care preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Experience in developing major programs from inception to implementation with proven measured results.
- Demonstrated expertise in communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to advocate for the clients, staff and organization
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Bilingual in Chinese a plus.
Education Background: Undergraduate degree required. Training, experience or advanced degree preferred in business, public administration, or nonprofit management. Seven years in a senior leadership role may substitute for an advanced degree.
Compensation will be competitive and based on experience and skills.
Full job description is available at www.janssenecruiting.com and www.stacy-nelson-and-associates.com.
Family Bridges, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To Apply: Apply in email to [email protected] In the Subject line of the email put your Last name and Family Bridges. Email in separate word documents, your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
Please include your LinkedIn profile URL. Applications will be accepted until filled.
By applying for this position, you agree that you have read the Job Description and this notice: All applicants will be considered. Only those whose skills and experience most closely fit the requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us, we will keep your resume on file. We will not release your resume or contact information without your permission. Your candidacy will be held in the strictest confidence.
Thank you for your interest.
Janssen and Nelson Strategic Alliance.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert