Research and Evaluation Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students.
The Research and Evaluation Coordinator will join a team (Research and Evaluation – R&E) that supports the collection, validation, and application of high-quality data on KIPP schools, regions, teachers, leaders, students, families and alumni. R&E’s work ensures stakeholders can make data-driven decisions to ensure KIPP delivers on its mission. The Research and Evaluation Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting our growing efforts to research the life outcomes of KIPP Alumni to help us better understand which KIPP interventions and strategies are working to support their success. Specific tasks will include project managing data collection activities, supporting partnerships with researchers and vendors, and coordinating with multiple stakeholders across many teams to move projects forward.
This role will also support collecting feedback and data from other key stakeholders, include KIPP teachers, students and families through KIPP network surveys. The Research and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for building and testing network surveys, managing project plans to ensure surveys are created and launched on schedule, communicating with network leaders to plan administration and improve response rates, and ensuring that network leaders can access their survey reports. This staff member may engage in everything from network stakeholder support, data collection, quality assurance, and leading training on how to administer survey and utilize survey data.
He/she/they is a member of the Research and Evaluation Team, and works collaboratively with the Information Technology, Insight and Analytics, KIPP To and Through College and External Impact teams.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Support KIPP Alumni Research and Data Collection:
- Work with KIPP Foundation and network stakeholders to support all data collection processes related to alumni
- Support R&E’s Sr. Project Manager with the end-to-end process around the creation and delivery of Alumni Surveys
- Write and manage communications to network stakeholders on survey timing, purpose, and resources
- Work with Insight and Analytics on survey strategies to improve survey response rates
- Build, test, and launch surveys to KIPP Alumni
Lead Project Management for Major Research and Evaluation Projects, focused on Alumni Research:
- Create and manage project plans for several critical Research and Evaluation projects involving third party researchers and vendors
- Manage the request-for-proposals process to evaluate data collection tools and inform vendor selection
- Work with stakeholders across the KIPP Foundation, and externally, to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Intake research requests to KIPP Foundation and our regions, ensuring timely follow-up and tracking of ongoing research on KIPP
- Support the design and creation of quarterly network communications to share relevant research findings
Manage creation and administration of KIPP Student and Family Surveys:
- Lead communication design and strategy to engage schools and regions
- Create and share resources to support school and regional points of contact in administering the surveys
- Track weekly response rates, and support regions to improve response rates across their schools
- Build, test, and launch annual surveys and survey reports
Coordinate KIPP Staff and Teacher Survey administration and report sharing:
- Work with TNTP to create a detailed annual project plan
- Lead network communication strategy to engage school and regional leaders
- Create resources to support survey administration and report access
- Support regions during survey administration to improve response rates across the network
- Support school and regional leaders to ensure reports are actionable and accessible
· Planning and Execution
· Stakeholder Management
· Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proven success in partnering with diverse stakeholders, both across organizations and teams, on complex, challenging projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a great deal of ambiguity and cross team collaboration
- Experience with, or exposure to, educational research preferred
· A love of data!
- Passion for KIPP’s mission and values
- San Francisco office location preferred but may consider remote
- Exemption status – full time
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience.
A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement
plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible
spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply please submit your resume online.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert