Senior Grant Writer & Partnerships Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Business Development
Primary domain: International/Foreign Affairs
City: Washington, DC
Postal code: 20005
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Glasswing International is an innovative non-profit that addresses poverty and violence through public education, health and community empowerment programs. Through civic participation and volunteerism, Glasswing empowers communities, as well as providing educational and enrichment opportunities for at-risk children and youth in Latin America, the Caribbean, and New York City, enabling them to thrive despite adversity.
Our cross-sector model builds partnerships across public, private, and civil society sectors, leveraging human, financial, and material resources to achieve the greatest – and most sustainable – impact possible. We strengthen communities’ existing resources rather than focusing on their needs and deficiencies, and believe that every person, regardless of educational or socioeconomic level, has the potential to give and effect change. This approach is not only more cost-effective and avoids duplicating efforts, but also empowers individuals and communities, promoting sustainability.
The Senior Grant Writer & Partnerships Manager is a key member of the New Business Development Unit and is responsible for writing effective grant proposals and support in mobilizing resources, building relationships and advancing Glasswing’s mission. This position will collaborate closely with the Director of New Business Development, VP of Programs and Headquarters team.
- Conduct extensive, high-quality research and identify potential institutional funding opportunities (government, corporate, and foundations) to match Glasswing’s priorities and strategic growth plan.
- Build and manage relationships with Washington DC-based government agencies, multilateral funders, and foundations, frequently proposing and developing new partnerships in close coordination with VP of Programs and New Business Development Director.
- Lead the formulation of well conceptualized and written, competitive and compelling, proposals, letters of inquiry, and concept notes that adhere to donor guidelines and win funding.
- Ensure field and technical input is timely and accurate and that relevant partner input is sought.
- Ensure project budgets meet donor requirements and proposed project goals.
- Coordinate effectively with HQ technical team and country offices on proposal development and reporting process content and timelines.
- Assist in or lead award-related communications with stakeholders including institutional donors, partner NGOs/institutions, HQ, and field staff.
- Represent Glasswing at conferences and high priority meetings; be or become technically proficient to speak on Glasswing’s work.
- Coordinate preparation of research and briefing materials for own meetings, or for executive staff and board members.
- Maintain records on partner and funder contacts, submissions, awards, reports.
- Monitor trends in giving and stay well-informed of programmatic developments for application in fundraising strategies and donor relations.
- Superior writing, logic and proofing skills.
- Proven track record with successful grant writing, administration and experience with public funding/government grants highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8-10 years of proven success in cultivation and grant proposal writing required.
- Strong organizational skills including multi-tasking, prioritizing, planning, and effective time management.
- Creative thinker, independent worker and self-starter.
- Ability to attend to detail-oriented tasks while maintaining understanding of big picture.
- Ability to work productively and accurately in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to facilitate project design development, including applying theories of change and project logic to design, and developing or leading teams to develop proposals, Letter of Intent concept notes accordingly.
- Keen ability to relate to others, participate in cross-departmental projects, and communicate with tact and diplomacy, represent Glasswing.
- Solid knowledge of budgets and finance as it relates to fundraising.
- Collaborative team player.
- International experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Competitive non-profit salary
- Employer sponsored health plan
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Training opportunities
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references (please include contact details and your relationship to the individual).
All applicants must include two writing samples, e.g. letter of intent, proposal, funder report.
Please send application material to Mark Loyka at: [email protected]
Rolling interviews begin November 18, 2019. Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial phone screening.
The position will start in December or January.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert