Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zoner
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10027
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone Development Corporation (UMEZ) is to sustain the economic revitalization of all communities in Upper Manhattan through job creation, corporate alliances, strategic investments and small business investments. UMEZ facilitates economic development in the neighborhoods of Central, East and West Harlem, Washington Heights; and Inwood.
UMEZ is an independent not-for-profit corporation created in 1995 and has invested $250 million in the Upper Manhattan community, leveraging over 1.1 billion in private capital, and has funded 100 small businesses.
UMEZ is a recognized Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with over $80 million in assets. UMEZ is proud to be certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s CDFI Fund as a part of a national network promoting economic growth by financing businesses, creating jobs, and rebuilding neighborhoods.
Summary: The Executive Assistant reports directly to the President and CEO and provides administrative and secretarial support on a highly confidential level with all business matters. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external parties. The Executive Assistant serves as the liaison to board members and senior management teams. The Executive Assistant will perform duties such as filing, record keeping, coordinate and prepare materials for meetings, conferences, and make travel arrangements as well as answer correspondence, screen calls and deal directly with external guests, visitors and internal staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Arrange travel plans and itineraries for executive.
- Upwardly manage executive’s calendar and schedule all meetings, including video and/or audio conferences.
- Answer, screen and direct executive incoming calls, visitors and correspondence, acting independently when possible.
- Preparation/compilation of materials for presentations for internal and external executives, the Board of Directors, Investors, and outside entities.
- Create executive timesheets and prepare expense reports through internal time and expense systems.
- Coordinate and update of executive financial inquiries and management of all executive billing.
- Work on special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Liaison and coordination with Board Members and various departments as appropriate.
- Willingness to support other senior staff members in organization as needed.
- Serve as backup for the receptionist when needed.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours as required.
Background & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with 10 or more years of experience supporting executives in a nonprofit organization
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential business matters and information with discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (both oral and written), organizational and time management skills.
- Extensive experience in office administration and exposure to administrative support responsibilities in a senior management environment.
- Ability to collaborate and interface with all levels of internal and external staff. Must have a strong sense of urgency and focus.
- Spanish Bilingual preferred but not required.
- An energetic and resourceful person with a strong interest in community engagement;
- Community residence and/or familiarity with Upper Manhattan community preferred;
- A self-motivated; a team player; a strategic thinker; a creative problem solver.
The benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401(k) plan.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should e-mail or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
55 West 125th Street, 11th Floor
New York, New York 10027
Attn: Executive Assistant
No Phone Calls or Faxes Please
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert