Chief Program and Strategy Officer
Partnership with Children
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10007
State: New York
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Partnership with Children works to strengthen the emotional, social, and cognitive skills of vulnerable children in New York City to help them succeed in school, society, and life.
The Chief Program and Strategy Officer (CPSO) will provide skilled leadership for all aspects of PwC's programs, with a priority on strategic program development with a racial equity lens, evaluation and data-driven decision-making, talent development, and external relationship-building. The CPSO will provide leadership and management for two Vice Presidents, who together supervise PwC’s largest team. Finally, in partnership with the CEO/Executive Director and executive team of four, the CPSO will help ensure that PwC is positioned to respond to new and evolving opportunities to serve children, schools, and communities throughout New York City.
This role provides an extraordinary opportunity for a talented leader to shape and develop programs and work with a passionate and committed team, in an organization with a strong program, an excellent reputation, a committed board of directors, and a history of successful fundraising. The board and staff leadership see this role as a key position at a time of great opportunity.
Strategic program development
Develop a vision and strategy for program growth and evolution, which will involve planning and developing additional program models/components, developing or pursuing new public funding and/or grant opportunities in collaboration with the finance and development teams, and representing PwC's program opportunities, results, and impact to the board.
Oversee the response to requests for PwC services and assessment of the feasibility and strategic value of new partnerships.
Use an anti-racism approach to strengthen and modify our existing program.
Manage a large, diverse staff team, ensuring programmatic excellence, strong school-based partnerships, and professional growth and continuous learning.
Support the continued development of PwC's racial equity competencies and foster an inclusive environment.
Manage the data and evaluation team's work in measuring programmatic impact and monitoring progress toward goals.
Oversee fiscal management of all programs in collaboration with the finance team, including creating programmatic budgets and amending procedures to respond to changes in external fiscal policies. Hold program staff accountable for budget management.
External relationship management
Represent PwC's work to external audiences; establish and maintain strong working relationships with external stakeholders, including, but not limited to, the New York City Department of Education and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as private funders. Serve as a partner to the Development Team in donor/foundation stewardship processes; contribute to building supporters’ understanding of our work and impact. Champion program staff contributions to development and fundraising efforts.
While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will fit many of the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
· Experience leading in nonprofit or social service settings, with success leading large-scale programs, working across multi-site or other complex organizational structures with a range of stakeholders and identifying and responding to opportunities with innovative and high-quality programming.
· Demonstrated understanding of high-need communities and the social service, educational, and behavioral health issues that impact students and their families, combined with deep knowledge of racial justice issues and equity in program leadership, with the ability to support, and inspire a highly diverse team doing important work in challenging contexts.
· Experience hiring and retaining senior program staff and leading through transitions and growth. Exceptional management skills and demonstrated success in supervising managers, with an inclusive leadership style, skill in giving and receiving feedback, the ability to hold staff accountable and drive continuous improvement, and experience in change management.
· Proven track record of developing and managing high quality programs, program models, tools, and resources to increase program efficacy, and of leveraging data to inform program evaluation, drive continuous learning and program improvement.
· Strong communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to thrive in a high autonomy/high accountability environment, and to adapt to changing circumstances, working flexibly in order to handle multiple priorities.
· Experience with public school-based programs and familiarity with NYC DOE; and/or familiarity with social work models considered a plus. Commitment to focusing on the best interests of children and personal alignment to PwC's organizational values: Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Going to Solution, Equity & Inclusion, and Passion.
Partnership with Children offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
$120k - 140k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Partnership with Children has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a cover letter and resume, addressed to Cassie Scarano here.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Posted By: Koya Leadership Partners
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert