National Data Director
Alliance for Youth Organizing
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 20001
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The Alliance convenes, supports, and scales a national network of youth-led, locally rooted organizations growing civic engagement and social justice coast to coast. We truly are a network “of young people, by young people, for all people.” In 2018, our affiliates and partners ran massive voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, trained new young leaders, and ran powerful campaigns to win on the progressive issues our generation cares about most. Our national team empowers this work by tracking down national resources for the network, building capacity for local groups, seeding new efforts, and coordinating national issue campaigns.
NATIONAL DATA DIRECTOR
The Data Director at the Alliance for Youth Organizing (along with our sister 501c4 organization the Alliance for Youth Action) will manage and build upon the internal and network data systems for our fast growing network. Since our inception, our network has led on some of the most innovative and exciting electoral and issue advocacy work across the country. We’re looking for an organized and driven individual to create and strengthen data systems for the Alliance Network, provide training and 1:1 support for network staff, and provide reports and data visualization to illustrate the work of the network. This is a full-time position based in our Washington, DC office, reporting to the Senior Director of Program and Partnerships.
- Systems Development: Support a network of over 11 organizations through the development of streamlined data management systems, including providing technical and organizing assistance and responding to programmatic requests.
- Metrics Tracking & Management: Track network wide organizational programs, monitor benchmarks, provide technical assistance and identify gaps in collective strategy.
- Direct Training: Work with network organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance contact programs. This includes assisting network organizations in employing best practices, and providing VAN and other technology trainings to Affiliate staff in one on one and group settings.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Support the creation and development of written reports and other data visualization tools to utilize data analysis to support the network’s narrative.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Location: This is a full time position based out of the Alliance’s Washington, DC office.
- Travel: Up to 40% of this position may be spent on domestic travel.
Nice to Haves
- Strong administrative VAN skills and familiarity with canvass operations.
- Experience leading group and one-on-one trainings to audiences with varying levels of technical skill.
- Experience in visualizing data (Tableau, Periscope, RShiny, matplotlib, etc).
- Experience with database administration (AWS Redshift, GCS BigQuery, PostgreSQL, etc).
- Experience in interpreting general concepts, ideas, and strategy and turning them into practical, technical designs.
- Ideal candidates will serve with a mentality of data stewardship in terms of resources and security.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and to cultivate those relationships over the long term.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively by making and meeting team goals This means excellent organizational, time-management.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work periodically long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Ideal candidates will have three to five years of experience in progressive political campaigns or similar organizations.
- Candidates should have a spirit of service and curiosity, along with a diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving in work with outside partners and while working internally, independently or on a team.
- Experience facilitating or working in federated models.
- Experience working with Civis Platform.
- Experience administering randomized controlled experiments.
- Knowledge and/or relationships with c3 and c4 infrastructure groups such as State Voices and America Votes.
The Alliance for Youth Organizing is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
- Compensation: $75,000 – $85,000 per year commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: The Alliance offers a competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums, 75% of premiums for employee dependents, employer retirement contributions (SEP IRA), life insurance, short and long term disability income protection insurance, cell phone reimbursement, public transportation stipend, professional development funds, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
$75k - 90k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please fill out this form, and submit a single pdf document including the following:
- Cover letter, explaining why you want this job and what makes you well-suited for the position (please, show some personality)
- Three references (we will reach out to you first before contacting them)
- Qualified candidates will be provided with a technical skills and analysis examination.
Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
PRIORITY DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 11, 2019.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert