Center for Employment Opportunities
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Strategic Planning
Primary domain: Employment
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
We provide immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services exclusively to individuals who have recently returned home from incarceration.
Our vision is that anyone with a criminal record who wants to work has the preparation and support needed to find a job and stay connected to the labor force. We believe that everyone, regardless of their past, deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their family, and their communities.
As the Center for Employment Opportunities is expanding rapidly to support our mission to create economic opportunities for individuals returning from incarceration, we’re looking for an Operations Strategist who will work closely with our Chief Operating Officer and operational team leads, providing leadership on complex projects, system automation and optimization, workflow and process improvements, and change management.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide the consult, facilitation of collaboration, analysis, and solution development needed to improve and drive CEO’s operations during this exponential growth phase.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coordinate, and provide input into project planning activities such as division of responsibilities, time/effort estimates, stakeholder analysis, and identification of constraints and dependencies
- Draft work products including project plans, status reports and timelines
- Identify and specify significant process and system automation and optimization
- Liaise and coordinate with team members to make sure projects and deliverables are on track to be delivered on deadline; communicate progress and updates across project teams
- Define and leverage project management best practices, tools, templates and standards, resulting in projects being delivered on time, on budget, and on target to achieve the anticipated business outcomes
- Manage multiple complex projects at a time
- Streamline business processes, implement operational best practices, and create efficiencies across the organization
- Review and map processes, identify opportunities for process improvements, develop recommendations, and design and implement processes and solutions that drive operational efficiency
- Support the organization in the deployment and maintenance strategy for rolled-out projects
- Develop and define business requirements, workflow design, process mapping, functional specifications, gap analysis and use cases
- Work closely with the technology and business teams to identify business and functional needs
- Conduct research, perform analysis, and proactively propose new products and best practices, and implement them where appropriate
- Create and provide change management tools and techniques to implement and achieve the desired business outcome
- Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with stakeholders and project teams
- Take the lead in drafting change communications and processes
- Lead initiatives and/or provide support to initiatives that improve the efficiency, effectiveness and accessibility of CEO
- Provide project management, analytical and/or technical support for special projects
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis, identify trends, produce reports, map processes and lead other strategic initiatives as needed
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Who You Are
- You have a commitment to CEO’s mission and have achieved success within fast-paced, growing, and results-oriented nonprofit environments
- You have 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional domains: IT strategy build-out; IT process improvement; product development; project management; or operational process improvement and optimization; experience analyzing, implementing, and evaluating IT systems and their specifications is preferred
- You’ve successfully project managed initiatives that involve motivating, coordinating, and collaborating with geographically dispersed and diverse teams; you’re able to collaborate across all levels and functions
- You’re highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize between conflicting demands and the flexibility to meet unpredictable demands
- You’re a creative problem-solver with the ability to develop solutions to problems as they arise and the judgment to know when to enlist the help of colleagues
- You communicate effectively, technically and non-technically, across all levels of employees, with strong executive presentation skills
- Customer service and relationship management are cornerstones of your workstyle; you can work independently and as part of a team
- You’re a thoughtful steward of resources that invest in and drive organizational progress
- You have excellent analytical (business, technical, financial), strategic planning and project execution skills, and you take initiative to identify challenges and solutions
- You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio, and dashboard software
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert