Goldman Environmental Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Environment
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94111
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The Goldman Environmental Prize honors the achievements and leadership of grassroots environmental activists from around the world, inspiring all of us to take action to protect our planet.
The Communications Associate is a core member of the Goldman Environmental Prize’s communications team. The Associate is primarily responsible for publicizing the environmental achievements of current and former winners through the Prize’s social media and other digital platforms. In coordination with the Communications and Program staff, the Associate strategizes, produces, curates, edits, and publishes social media content; produces a Prize blog; drafts and manages a monthly e-newsletter; manages the website and various online assets (photos, video, etc.); and charts metrics for the various digital platforms. The Associate also provides some logistical support for Prize activities, in particular during the San Francisco portion of the annual Prize tour, a 10-day event surrounding the Prize announcement in April. The Associate will report to the Communications Director.
Key Communications Responsibilities
- Manage the Goldman Environmental Prize’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) by developing and posting daily content, engaging followers, and monitoring sites for comments and spam
- Produce and curate relevant and dynamic content about current and previous Prize winners for the Prize blog, e-newsletter, and social media channels
- Manage and edit visual assets—videos, photos, branding—and digital libraries
- Maintain and update the Prize website
- With the Communications team, develop strategy, goals, and editorial calendar; track and report metrics for each platform
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in social media, best practices, and emerging platforms that may be relevant to the Prize
- Manage emails and messages from public; respond to or redirect incoming requests as necessary
- Light design of collateral, invitations, and images for print and online use
Key Logistical Responsibilities
- Assist in editing the annual Prize docket
- Create regional maps for the final Prize docket
- Provide logistical and administrative support when needed, particularly during the San Francisco Prize tour.
- With the Program Associates, serve as backup to Administrative Assistant regarding answering phones, greeting guests, supporting meetings, distributing and posting mail, maintaining the kitchen and common areas, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements
- BA or BS in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience as a social media coordinator, preferably at a mission-driven organization or communications agency
- Extensive experience and proven success with digital content production, online community management, and audience engagement on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with social media analytics and reporting
- Experience managing online advertising campaigns
- Understanding of branding and its importance for a nonprofit, mission-driven organization
- Experience publishing website content via Wordpress and some knowledge of HTML
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Pro-active, strategic, problem-solver who works well under pressure
- Impeccable writing and editing skills for varying audiences and formats
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Fluency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, FinalCut Pro, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Hootsuite or similar
- Issue knowledge/interest in grassroots environmental activism, climate change, and international development is desired, but not required
- Foreign language skills, particularly Spanish, are desirable, but not required
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements electronically to Ilan Kayatsky at [email protected]
. All applications received by November 30, 2019
, will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted. We seek to have someone in place in January 2020.
The Goldman Environmental Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert