Board members needed for a nonprofit targeting Latino population in Georgia
Asociacion Latino Americana para la Salud, Inc. (ALAS)
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Function: General Management
Primary domain: Mental Health/Crisis Intervention
Postal code: 30135
Country: United States
To advocate, provide, and promote health and wellness within the Latino and Spanish-speaking community of Georgia.
ALAS is a public charity created to address the healthcare disparities among the Latino and Spanish-speaking population. Primary operations include providing bilingual therapy services out of our clinic in Douglasville, Georgia. Additional programs will include infant and maternal health education, as well as advocacy for resource utilization among children facing mental health challenges attending public schools.
We are currently recruiting for all board positions, including president, secretary, treasurer, and general board members.
The board of directors is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the organization. To that end it:
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long and short-range planning
- Adopts an annual budget and provides fiscal oversight
- Recruits, orients, and develops board members
- Hires and evaluates the performance of the executive director
- Evaluates its performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission
- Establishes policies for the effective management of the organization
Additional responsibilities will vary depending on board position.
- Understand and promote the organization’s mission
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations
- Attend board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee and offer to take on special assignments
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings
- Make an annual contribution to the organization commensurate with ability
- Participate in fund raising activities and special events
- Keep current on issues affecting the Spanish-speaking and Latino populations of Georgia
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
If interested, please contact Paul Kennedy at 770-842-0075 or [email protected] for more information.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert